In case you havent heard yet

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: In case you havent heard yet

Post by mazman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:22 pm

This has all gone a bit crazy, personally I don't agree with the charging for fishing lessons thing but that's more personal opinion than anything else. Specifically for phill he's clearly putting some work in but I can see the lack of professionalism holding him back in the future (and possibly already) some of it is a fairly easy fix, like the spelling and grammar of posts (just need to proof read or find someone who can) but there's other things that I've seen and/or heard first hand accounts of that point to deeper issues that occasionally slip into his content (think ciggie butt).
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:14 am

I am out,
This kind of thread is why forums such as this Fishing VIc suffer I believe.
I understand that I have not been a huge contributor over the time I have been a member but have enjoyed posting reports about my journeys catching our native fish here in country vic. But this tread is too much for me.
I may see you on the waters sometime.
Cheers
Jed

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:29 am

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:02 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Why I shared it has been mentioned quite a few times already. Im not going to repeat myself again.
Seems like the idea of phil doing a guiding service has put a few bees in your bonnet?

Steve, no ones got "bees in their bonnets" (notwithstanding my comments, which I shall get to).

We are all just chatting about B2F and his "Guided Tours" and our opinions (founded on B2F's behaviour) , , , , so don't escalate this into something that it is not. Which is a pattern of behaviour you have, as I have found when trying to find quotes of yours, which ironically are mostly on locked threads.

On face value, you posted:
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm

i figured people might be interested to know that such an offer is now available..

Which is fair enough, to which I defended you.

But what followed was a hard sell of B2F and his Guided Tours

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am

if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!

To which you even went as far as defending B2F and even an acknowledgement of you spruiking.

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 am

Anyway not sure why im defending phil here hahaha, he should be doing his own spruiking

To which it culminated in an "aggressive" post/s

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:39 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am

Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D
hardcore backstabbers and long distance pot shotters

Now to clarify, I couldn't give a bees knees worth (since the bees are already in bonnets) about B2F's endeavours.

My issue, my only issue is , , , , why is he on here. Which I am allowed to voice my opinion or issues I would like to raise (in an environment that should allow me to be able to, as others should be allowed to as well). Yes, there are other posts with similar content. But are those other posts of spruiking info or tours by an ex member who has left under "unique" circumstances. All of which can be read in my previous posts.

You state:

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 pm

The mods have chosen to keep this topic going so I dont think it's broken any rules.

I can not say with any certainty why this is so , , , , but with things escalating if posts are locked or deleted, and factions are formed and the ridiculous notion of the escalation to death threats to Team Members , , , , I would say it could be a case of being cautious and prudent.

Now if you have difficulty understanding any of this the Steve then "You must be one of those flat chested bitches".

Now Steve, on your analogy that if it is on this forum and not on a locked thread (which it is not, as I was allowed to quote it), then it hasn't broken any rules.

Well, you should know where this is going, because that is a quote from one of your posts on this Forum.

purple5ive wrote:
You must be one of them flat chested bitches.

The point being, just because it is on this forum, doesn't necessarily make it right

Regards Bugatti

My reasoning to have the thread here has been stated already.
What I have provide is a small insight into what available from the vendor, what you Personally do with this information is your choice AKA the half a Brain Comment, it was never meant to escalate the argument in any way neither was it meant to be a HARD sell as you have Put it. I never intended to defend the Vendor in any Form that was more tongue in cheek for him because it did come across like I was trying to
Sell his services here which was never the intention..
As with your so called aggressive post (plenty to say, nothing to show) stick around as long as some of us have and you will work out who those people are, what they do and why it can be extremely annoying.

Now uncle bill in regards to the name calling. You accuse RB85 of name calling, but yet in the very next post you do it to me?
for someone who has not been here long, you certainly seem to know a lot about people in a different state to you that you have not met yet!!
And yes there is some difficulty understanding things when you dig up quotes from long standing members that are from the past and use them in the present to prove a point, which mind you is a pattern of behaviour you have as well….

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:54 am

Steve you often get yourself in these situations with many of the sites members. Is it all the members..?

Sometimes the best kind of reply is no reply at all.

Maybe spend more time looking for that Kraken.

Anth

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:54 am
Steve you often get yourself in these situations with many of the sites members. Is it all the members..?

Sometimes the best kind of reply is no reply at all.

Maybe spend more time looking for that Kraken.

Anth
Yeah I seem to have that ability . Dont think it's all of them otherwise I'd be banned a long time ago.
My mistake this time was to mention b2f. In good faith might I add.. but. Lesson learnt..
The kraken will come I'm sure.. weather has not been kind I'm afraid...

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:39 pm

The mistake wasn't mentioning b2f, I think it's the sometimes snarky remarks that you reply with, hence the "Sometimes the best kind of reply is no reply at all." comment.

Hopefully this weather eases up soon..

Anth

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:21 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:39 pm
The mistake wasn't mentioning b2f, I think it's the sometimes snarky remarks that you reply with, hence the "Sometimes the best kind of reply is no reply at all." comment.

Hopefully this weather eases up soon..

Anth
It's not just me doing it on here.. but that is not an excuse from me.
Sometimes it Seems that some can say what they want. And others say something and its WW3.

But point certainly noted..
Sometimes a stark reminder is certainly needed.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:36 pm

Firstly I'd like to commend Steve and Anth for keeping it with decorum and for Anth for showing a rally of support :a_goodjob: . Especially to Steve, as I know it took some courage to explain the goings on, well done :thumbsup:

Also to you too rb, I have commended you in the past too for keeping it real with your responses, so well done also :thumbsup:

Yes, I share Anth's comments. Steve you are a top bloke , , , , I'm not trying to eliminate members, I just won't stand for unsavoury behaviour , , , , so hopefully members like Jedgpz don't leave (which is regrettable and hopefully he returns)

Also yes, I do have a pattern of behaviour of digging up quotes. That's from my Officer days and it's called , , , , evidence. The burden of proof lays with me and not to make unsubstantiated claims or statements.

On aggressive posts and who those people are, what they do and why it can be extremely annoying. Yes, I have seen some, been the recipient of some and I'm sure there are many many that I have not witnessed or am aware of. On step at a time.

My Father raised me to not start a fight BUT never to walk away from one either, even if it is to help someone else and by golly by jingo (well, the Greek equivalent) to definitely see it through. All those that you mentioned Steve hopefully never start anything but rest assured, Bugatti Underpantsman is going to be there to greet them

Bugatti Underpantsman.PNG
Bugatti Underpantsman.PNG (60.64 KiB) Viewed 1942 times

I don't know a lot about "these" people, correct , , , , but again from my Officer days, I do know a little about human behaviour.

I am an irrelevant South Australian on a Victorian Fishing Forum. But the first thing that hit me here was the level of tension and agro , , , , and outside of comments, complaints and complacency, some things were being done by members to kerb it but were struggling to make positive movement forward. So I thought to help out.

I have, as my post history would show, from day one, stood up and have been vocal against unsavoury behaviour AND commended members that have done the same AND encouraged other members to do the same.

Gentlemen, I feel positive development has been had today. Few Victories are achieved without battles on the way.

Regards, Bill

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Lastly and I thought I would keep this separate.

Yes, I do apologies to you Steve. I did "call you a name". That was more a quote (of yours) to make a point AND NOT that I actually meant what I called you. That quote covered three aspects, hence why I used that one.

Truth is, that quote of yours was not made by you in that long gone thread out of malice but it was more a comment of jovial comradery. I just took some writer's privilege. But you don't get a total reprieve, as some real quotes of yours were in locked threads and couldn't be "quoted" as per the normal quoting way.

But also giving you some dispensation for comments, you are unfortunately targeted by some , , , , they poke the Bear so to speak. Maybe because they get a reaction out of you, which I can totally appreciate, as the comments they make aren't nice comments and they are directed at you.

We can sort them out in time, like I said, one step at a time.

But, let's all move forward.

Cheers, Bill

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:16 pm

stopped reading at "land base is well"

aka halfway through the first sentence.

Return to “General”