Is there Murray Cod in Albert park?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Is there Murray Cod in Albert park?

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Could you show the pic? also what best bait for the fish? i'm going for cheese. I still don't understand the logic why fish eat chicken and Cheese?

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Is there Murray Cod in Albert park?

Post by ben475 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:00 pm

chicken, cheese, its all food, no real reason why they wouldn't eat it, they obviously like it.
some fish are known to like bread, corn, meat, powerbait dough, no doubt the list goes on.

worms, will give you a chance of catching whatever else is in the lake.

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:08 pm

ben475 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:00 pm
chicken, cheese, its all food, no real reason why they wouldn't eat it, they obviously like it.
some fish are known to like bread, corn, meat, powerbait dough, no doubt the list goes on.

Thank. Is there a cod in the park?

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:08 pm
ben475 wrote:

No, they would be in the lake, ;-) cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

croe04

Post by croe04 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
ben475 wrote:

I've seen a video of cod being caught from albert park on lures but the VFA website has not listed any stocking of cod into albert park, so your chances are pretty slim. Karkarook park in moorabbin has been stocked with 50 cod though, and while I've only seen three people catch them from karkarook they're confirmed to be in there.

Ben's right, fishing albert park lake with worms will give you a better chance of catching something like a carp, trout or maybe a yella or an estuary perch. If you want to catch cod though, you'd probably need to go somewhere else.

cheers

croe

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm

croe04 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
ben475 wrote:

I've seen a video of cod being caught from albert park on lures but the VFA website has not listed any stocking of cod into albert park, so your chances are pretty slim. Karkarook park in moorabbin has been stocked with 50 cod though, and while I've only seen three people catch them from karkarook they're confirmed to be in there.

Ben's right, fishing albert park lake with worms will give you a better chance of catching something like a carp, trout or maybe a yella or an estuary perch. If you want to catch cod though, you'd probably need to go somewhere else.

cheers

croe
Na, just asking about he park. I still aiming for more trout and carp.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:05 pm

croe04 wrote:

I've seen a video of cod being caught from albert park on lures but the VFA website has not listed any stocking of cod into albert park

cheers

croe
croe04, I have the utmost regard for your opinion, that's why I'm asking you.

Now, I haven't seen the vids (or any others, as I'm not a Freshie) and I know there is always bogus vids on the internet.

Did it look real enough to you? Or are those pranksters at it again?

Cheers, Bugatti

croe04

Post by croe04 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:05 pm
croe04 wrote:

I've seen a video of cod being caught from albert park on lures but the VFA website has not listed any stocking of cod into albert park

cheers

croe

Now, I haven't seen the vids (or any others, as I'm not a Freshie) and I know there is always bogus vids on the internet.

Cheers, Bugatti
I would say it was real unless the person went to the trouble of finding a cod, transporting it all the way the albert park, hooking it on a lure, dumping it in the water, reeling it in, pretending to have caught it, then chuck it back in the lake. So most likely not. How that cod ended up in albert park of all places I have zero idea but I guess there is one in there.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm

croe04 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm
Bugatti wrote:
croe04 wrote:

cheers

croe

Cheers, Bugatti
I would say it was real unless the person went to the trouble of finding a cod, transporting it all the way the albert park, hooking it on a lure, dumping it in the water, reeling it in, pretending to have caught it, then chuck it back in the lake. So most likely not. How that cod ended up in albert park of all places I have zero idea but I guess there is one in there.
Thanks croe, yeah I appreciate it would be logistically a feat but I never know what drives some people. But yeah, if you think it's legit, then cool.

Cheers, Bugz

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm
croe04 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm
Bugatti wrote:
croe04 wrote:

cheers

croe

Cheers, Bugatti
Thanks croe, yeah I appreciate it would be logistically a feat but I never know what drives some people. But yeah, if you think it's legit, then cool.

Cheers, Bugz
Yea I saw the video. I think he was using a tripod and fished alone. The footage however, showing him reeling in and pulled the cod out of the water and showed it to the camera. Not showing the strike.

With the camera on a tripod on his back, the camera would've been on the whole time and got the footage when he stroke. Why it isn't showed? Would've been a good footage ... Unless, he hooked, walked to the camera and turned it on and back reeling in the fish, all of it while holding the rod and keeping pressure (sounds impossible).
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “General”