Is there Murray Cod in Albert park?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: Is there Murray Cod in Albert park?

Post by mazman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm
croe04 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:05 pm
croe04 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 pm

I've seen a video of cod being caught from albert park on lures but the VFA website has not listed any stocking of cod into albert park

cheers

croe
croe04, I have the utmost regard for your opinion, that's why I'm asking you.

Now, I haven't seen the vids (or any others, as I'm not a Freshie) and I know there is always bogus vids on the internet.

Did it look real enough to you? Or are those pranksters at it again?

Cheers, Bugatti
I would say it was real unless the person went to the trouble of finding a cod, transporting it all the way the albert park, hooking it on a lure, dumping it in the water, reeling it in, pretending to have caught it, then chuck it back in the lake. So most likely not. How that cod ended up in albert park of all places I have zero idea but I guess there is one in there.
Thanks croe, yeah I appreciate it would be logistically a feat but I never know what drives some people. But yeah, if you think it's legit, then cool.

Cheers, Bugz
Yea I saw the video. I think he was using a tripod and fished alone. The footage however, showing him reeling in and pulled the cod out of the water and showed it to the camera. Not showing the strike.

With the camera on a tripod on his back, the camera would've been on the whole time and got the footage when he stroke. Why it isn't showed? Would've been a good footage ... Unless, he hooked, walked to the camera and turned it on and back reeling in the fish, all of it while holding the rod and keeping pressure (sounds impossible).
It's actually not that hard to do what you said at the end, I did it with a trout for one of my recent videos to get a different angle of netting it.

As for the cod, I wouldn't bother targeting them there, I've fished for the yellas using lures cod would take there quote a fair bit and haven't come across any. As stated above there are lakes that have recently been stocked with cod or if that isn't your style wild populations that are much more viable to target.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:17 am

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am

mazman wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:06 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm
croe04 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:05 pm

croe04, I have the utmost regard for your opinion, that's why I'm asking you.

Now, I haven't seen the vids (or any others, as I'm not a Freshie) and I know there is always bogus vids on the internet.

Did it look real enough to you? Or are those pranksters at it again?

Cheers, Bugatti
I would say it was real unless the person went to the trouble of finding a cod, transporting it all the way the albert park, hooking it on a lure, dumping it in the water, reeling it in, pretending to have caught it, then chuck it back in the lake. So most likely not. How that cod ended up in albert park of all places I have zero idea but I guess there is one in there.
Thanks croe, yeah I appreciate it would be logistically a feat but I never know what drives some people. But yeah, if you think it's legit, then cool.

Cheers, Bugz
Yea I saw the video. I think he was using a tripod and fished alone. The footage however, showing him reeling in and pulled the cod out of the water and showed it to the camera. Not showing the strike.

With the camera on a tripod on his back, the camera would've been on the whole time and got the footage when he stroke. Why it isn't showed? Would've been a good footage ... Unless, he hooked, walked to the camera and turned it on and back reeling in the fish, all of it while holding the rod and keeping pressure (sounds impossible).
It's actually not that hard to do what you said at the end, I did it with a trout for one of my recent videos to get a different angle of netting it.

As for the cod, I wouldn't bother targeting them there, I've fished for the yellas using lures cod would take there quote a fair bit and haven't come across any. As stated above there are lakes that have recently been stocked with cod or if that isn't your style wild populations that are much more viable to target.
I'm no expert in filming myself fishing.
Yes you're right, it can be done.

True, karkarook, quarry, vic lake, etc probably better options for stocked cod.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “General”