WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE REELED IN ON A LURE?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE REELED IN ON A LURE?

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:37 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:10 pm
Caught a fishing rod
I’ve done that one before too!
Wasn’t looking too great though :rofl:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:02 pm

I haven't caught anything too crazy on lure, best is probably an O-bike I picked up fishing in the city one night.

Basti picked up a fleshlight one night in the city and a turtle fishing an urban lake in the east.

The craziest things I've heard of seen caught on lure were posted up on breammaster quite a few years ago, the worst of which was a parrot in a zip lock bag

Link below, there's more on the next page
http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showth ... ke&page=11

Fishing heavy leaders and lures that sink with trebles in populated places certainly has its drawbacks
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:31 pm

mazman wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:02 pm
I haven't caught anything too crazy on lure, best is probably an O-bike I picked up fishing in the city one night.

Basti picked up a fleshlight one night in the city and a turtle fishing an urban lake in the east.

The craziest things I've heard of seen caught on lure were posted up on breammaster quite a few years ago, the worst of which was a parrot in a zip lock bag

Link below, there's more on the next page
http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showth ... ke&page=11

Fishing heavy leaders and lures that sink with trebles in populated places certainly has its drawbacks
A fleshlight???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:04 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:05 pm

Slightly used
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Well there no topping a flesh light.. but my 2c

My old mate lee took his boy down to the yarra open season for cod as he does every year. I planned to go too but had to work on a job to finish it.. I was having smoko when I grabbed my phone to call him n he called me.. puffing panting excited etc

He threw his two baits out n waited.. n waited..... and waited..... finally turned his head reaches for
His pouch of tobacco and in the name of murpheys law.. bang rod flew into the drink.. he ran knee deep realising he had his keys phone in his pocket n a toddler on the bank..

Steppping back out of the water defeated his other rod got taps.. like a macca hit.. picked up the rod it loaded up bang was on called it for a turtle weight no big tail whips just weight then slack then weight then slack..

Eventually braid come up over his line his reeling in he grabs it pulls up his rod winds the slack n sure enough.. cod still on.. opened the account with a fat thieveing 96!!

Moral
Of the story if u wanna bait fish for cod either secure the rods or do not move outta ya spot!

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:08 pm

I snagged a float with my lure at albert park, wound in a shimano sonicpro snapper rod and a 4000size shimano reel with the drag done tight.
Brand new combo too, plastic still on the cork handle and virtually no damage. I cleaned it up and gave the reel some time soaking in Inox and i still use this setup. :thumbsup:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I caught a Bra in the Maribyrnong river, a rod at St Kilda pier, a radio at Cunningham pier which was long gone, a perfectly good bike from Queenscliff pier, An asian man's hat while casting metals for salmon at Newport ( he walked behind us while 10 of us were constantly casting at a bust up), but the best unusual catch for me would be a giant oyster I somehow hooked onto it's barnacles and a mate ate him right there and said it was deliciouse. I did cringed a bit but was impressed at the size, this was also at St Kilda pier.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Gum, wattle, sheoak, willow, blackberry, pine, conifer, if it's wood I've hooked it & landed some
Oops forgot- a pump shed
Stick with bait I reackon
Gra

repspec
Has liked: 11 times

Post by repspec » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Not quite caught with rod and reel
but
did manage to drag up a battery that i had hooked with the point of my anchor one day. Even have photos to prove it, however when i tried to lift it in the boat, the battery fell off.

Return to “General”