Laser eye surgery

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
feralhunter

Laser eye surgery

Post by feralhunter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:30 pm

After 10 years (im 47 yo)of needing glasses I finally bit the bullet and got Lasik treatment.Was done on Friday and actual op only took 1 minute per eye.Cost $5600 however I believe money well spent.The following couple hours eyes where saw however quickly improved and That night I was able to watch the footy on television.So good to not need prescription safety,sunglasses,reading and everyday clear glasses.Off work for few days to recover and was today able to tie mono to braid and spool up a stradic 1000 for trout and. Chronarch 2000 for cod that I bought 6 months ago.So much easier to see and will do a run to the Goulburn tomorrow for a fish.Anyone thinking of doing I highly recommend as though only early days its a game changer.

denis barden

Re: Laser eye surgery

Post by denis barden » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Kool
Had lens replacements both eyes about 8 yrs ago and wifie had it done about 1 yr ago
1 eye looks for close range and the other long range ,Its permanent and wont alter.Big time WOW factor
Laser put me off as sometimes its not permanent
Had it done by Dr Tony Stubbs Williamston Vict

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:05 pm

Interesting. I’ve started wearing contacts regularly after getting into hunting heavily this year. Got sick to death of rain and fog with glasses. Not to mention having a **** of a time using binos etc.

I’ve recently signed up for health insurance that will throw $1200 at laser eye surgery after 2 years cover. I’ll definitely be biting this bullet in the next few years.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Glad to hear it worked out well for you mate :)
Good luck with the fishing tomorrow!
Cheers :tu:

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Good on you and good luck! Let us know how you go.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Great to hear Mr F Hunter

Great that it has helped you, as your excitement does come through in your post. But even greater that you have shared your experience to possibly motivate the hesitant who may be looking at the same thing :tu:

I have been witness to three "eye treatments" of family and friends and all three have been ecstatically excited about their results

Happy for you. But if your improved eyesight has got your wife getting you to do more jobs around the place , , , , well, my condolences for that ;-)

Cheers, Bugatti

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:18 am

feralhunter wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:30 pm
After 10 years (im 47 yo)of needing glasses I finally bit the bullet and got Lasik treatment.Was done on Friday and actual op only took 1 minute per eye.Cost $5600 however I believe money well spent.The following couple hours eyes where saw however quickly improved and That night I was able to watch the footy on television.So good to not need prescription safety,sunglasses,reading and everyday clear glasses.Off work for few days to recover and was today able to tie mono to braid and spool up a stradic 1000 for trout and. Chronarch 2000 for cod that I bought 6 months ago.So much easier to see and will do a run to the Goulburn tomorrow for a fish.Anyone thinking of doing I highly recommend as though only early days its a game changer.
Did the procedure fix long and short sighted-ness? I had the procedure to fix Short sighted-ness about 16 years ago and have never looked back, but my close up vision is not starting to deteriorate. So if u have the chance to do I have been glasses free for 16 years. Wonder if that can now fix long sighted issues

Return to “General”