Bad season or bad forum?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Bad season or bad forum?

Post by Mattblack » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 am

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:33 am
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:55 am
bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:41 am
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 am
So what's going on gents?
Have people been struggling this season, or have people just stopped posting reports?
Where have all the good contributors of the recent past gone....have they given up on fishing or just given up on the Fishing Victoria Forum?
You been fishing,any reports?
Between work, family commitments and weather I've found it hard to get out. Have done ok when I have, but I have to confess I cant be stuffed posting anything on here anymore...but I certainly commend all the contributors that still do!
Wonder if Barra Mick, Nudeup & Scott Henning might start posting Kingfish reports again soon....that always used to fire me up
Come to think of it have you ever posterd regular fishing reports on here.

X2 Henning n kingfish reports...n barra Mick's reports.

Still waiting for snapperheads fishing reports.
Pretty hard to post regular reports if you don't fish regularly....then because of the righteous few that make you feel unworthy to contribute because you're not going out twice a week, you tend not to post anything when you do.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:23 am

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 am
bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:33 am
Mattblack wrote:
bowl wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Have people been struggling this season, or have people just stopped posting reports?
Where have all the good contributors of the recent past gone....have they given up on fishing or just given up on the Fishing Victoria Forum?
Between work, family commitments and weather I've found it hard to get out. Have done ok when I have, but I have to confess I cant be stuffed posting anything on here anymore...but I certainly commend all the contributors that still do!
Wonder if Barra Mick, Nudeup & Scott Henning might start posting Kingfish reports again soon....that always used to fire me up
Come to think of it have you ever posterd regular fishing reports on here.

X2 Henning n kingfish reports...n barra Mick's reports.

Still waiting for snapperheads fishing reports.
Pretty hard to post regular reports if you don't fish regularly....then because of the righteous few that make you feel unworthy to contribute because you're not going out twice a week, you tend not to post anything when you do.
hahaha mate stop being such a sook, if you were in my shoes you would have left planet earht long time ago, the amount of **** ive copped from here is crazy, but lets not go there again.
nobody is making anyone feel unworthy, if you want to post a report then post it, simple as that!!
and the reason many have left the forum is bloomin obvious.. it is what it is now, so we can let it die or keep it going as much as possible, choice is entierly up to the active members..

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:29 am

Wow it must be the full moon,for this sour topic to just come up. My favorite fishing hole has been good most of the year,but gone quiet for now. Werribee harbour is my local fishing spot,im a bit disappointed on the amounts of rubbish idiots leave behind here when fishing this spot.A few regulars clean up this mess before they start fishing believe it or not. I have abandoned my part owed boat since i discovered you can actually catch bigger fish land based. Werribee to Geelong. Saint Helens also being one of my favorite spots.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:53 am
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:20 am
Mattblack wrote:

I have to confess I cant be stuffed posting anything on here anymore.
cant say ive seen you post a report on this forum in a while.
with an attitude like that im surprised you were expecting a different outcome from the forum.

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:40 am
Bad forum lol.
Plenty of whiting squid around Werribee/ wedge...
So normal season for me.
The forum relies on members to keep it alive, which also means posting about something fishing related occasionally. :tu:
There are only a handful of you keeping this site alive. The obvious problem is that the site lost its personalities and regular contributors.
I'll be honest, I'm getting better info and feedback from other forms of social media and tend to contribute more on these.
Fair enough if your posting elsewhere and getting better info...
Site is a lot cleaner then it was.

Still have no idea why you put idea of this being a bad forum, well moderated and all ages site, unlike other forms of social media.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 am

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:53 am
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:20 am
Mattblack wrote:

I have to confess I cant be stuffed posting anything on here anymore.
cant say ive seen you post a report on this forum in a while.
with an attitude like that im surprised you were expecting a different outcome from the forum.

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:40 am
Bad forum lol.
Plenty of whiting squid around Werribee/ wedge...
So normal season for me.
The forum relies on members to keep it alive, which also means posting about something fishing related occasionally. :tu:
There are only a handful of you keeping this site alive. The obvious problem is that the site lost its personalities and regular contributors.
I'll be honest, I'm getting better info and feedback from other forms of social media and tend to contribute more on these.
Fair enough if your posting elsewhere and getting better info...
Site is a lot cleaner then it was.

Still have no idea why you put idea of this being a bad forum, well moderated and all ages site, unlike other forms of social media.
It’s was a great forum, just sad to see it fading away. The purpose of the post was to see if I could fire up some old members & get it back to its former glory.
Not sure why, but the consensus around the ramps is that it’s been a woeful season...surely this unprecedented weather is playing a big part?

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 am
Not sure why, but the consensus around the ramps is that it’s been a woeful season...surely this unprecedented weather is playing a big part?
What's so unprecedented? It's Victoria, it's summer.
This means it's gunna be hot with bushfires one week, then wet with snow on the alps the next; it's been happening for forever...frustrating but not unprecedented.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Mattblack wrote:
bowl wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Re-tyred has

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

greggo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:20 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 am
What's so unprecedented? It's Victoria, it's summer.
This means it's gunna be hot with bushfires one week, then wet with snow on the alps the next; it's been happening for forever...frustrating but not unprecedented.
OK Boomer

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:33 pm

I haven't had a donuts in weeks. Posted a few reports too. So far this season have caught a large gummy, heaps of flatties, heaps of salmon. Haven't chased the snapper much because too many other options, had a few KGW as well. And today a Kingfish out of the lake 100mtrs from the ramp. Top season so far, completely different to last years snapper heaven, but still plenty of fish around. Offshore boats have slayed the gummies this year and they have been exceptionally big.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Not bad forum at all, all i see is page 1: premium member page 2: premium memeber and exactly 2 non premium members and 1 mod. Makes it feel like only the premium member section gets any posts.

Return to “General”