When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

Bugatti

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by Bugatti » Wed May 06, 2020 8:35 pm

The moment you hear the Fishing Ban has been lifted

Fishing.JPG

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 pm

My thoughts on the lockdown have chopped and changed a bit but in reality I am pleased that I live here and not anywhere else. And I suspect most people would agree.Fish will be ready and waiting when the green light is given.

ango

Post by ango » Fri May 08, 2020 10:52 am

The national cabinet meeting is scheduled for later today, hopefully dictator Dan sees his way to lifting his ridiculous fishing and boating bans. I am tired of this gross infringement of my civil liberties. Other states allow fishing and boating, check the NSW webcams, people fishing off the bank and out in their boats enjoying themselves. How is Victoria so different that dictator Dan sees it necessary to ban fishing and boating? Most corona virus deaths seem to be of people that have one foot in the grave and one on a banana skin. Road deaths and seasonal flu kill around a thousand people each in Australia every year while suicide kills more than both combined. There have been 97 corona virus deaths in Australia so far, the whole thing has been overhyped. I would rather have my freedom and take my chances with the virus than the rubbish we are being put through (and I am in the vulnerable demographic, others who may not have this outlook have the option to self isolating to avoid the virus). I dread to think of the mental health outcomes resulting from people losing jobs, their homes, then all hope after they end up on the street.
Cheers
Ango.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri May 08, 2020 11:01 am

ango wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:52 am
The national cabinet meeting is scheduled for later today, hopefully dictator Dan sees his way to lifting his ridiculous fishing and boating bans. I am tired of this gross infringement of my civil liberties. Other states allow fishing and boating, check the NSW webcams, people fishing off the bank and out in their boats enjoying themselves. How is Victoria so different that dictator Dan sees it necessary to ban fishing and boating? Most corona virus deaths seem to be of people that have one foot in the grave and one on a banana skin. Road deaths and seasonal flu kill around a thousand people each in Australia every year while suicide kills more than both combined. There have been 97 corona virus deaths in Australia so far, the whole thing has been overhyped. I would rather have my freedom and take my chances with the virus than the rubbish we are being put through (and I am in the vulnerable demographic, others who may not have this outlook have the option to self isolating to avoid the virus). I dread to think of the mental health outcomes resulting from people losing jobs, their homes, then all hope after they end up on the street.
Cheers
Ango.
It's hard to do all the right things and it would be nice to be able to fish again but this is some terrible logic. You're essentially saying that since we prevented coronavirus from being a big issue in Australia we never needed to prevent it.

I would much rather be in the country that banned a few too many things than the country that banned too few
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 am

ango wrote:
Cheers
Ango.
You're putting the cart before the horse a bit there. The reason we had low numbers of deaths was because of the lockdown, it doesn't follow that if we could go back in time and not implement a lockdown we would only have 97 deaths. Yes it sucks, but there's plenty of examples from overseas of what happens when you don't put in place enough restrictions. People lose their jobs/houses etc without restrictions anyway, Sweden is expecting a 7% contraction in GDP which is still higher than the European average apparently.

Personally I think a sensible approach would be allowing fishing but closing piers and cleaning tables at ramps. I'm not sure there's any need to close ramps as even when they're crowded the crowd is fairly spread out. Maybe remove handrails or other things people are liable to touch and potentially smear covid on.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri May 08, 2020 11:45 am

Im pretty shocked and disappointed that after so many articles, threads and discussion on here about the very topic that some members mindsets are still unchanged about the subject :( :( :(

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri May 08, 2020 11:56 am

ango wrote:
The national cabinet meeting is scheduled for later today, hopefully dictator Dan sees his way to lifting his ridiculous fishing and boating bans. I am tired of this gross infringement of my civil liberties.

Up there with the greatest infringements of human rights by a dictator in history. I'll be telling my grandchildren survival stories while they watch movies about great 'stay home and watch netflix' catastrophe of 2020.

Comparable to some of the other atrocities committed by actual dictators through history such as

The Nazi death camps in ww2

The Japanese "rape of Nanking"

The Tiananmen square massacre

Put yourself into a historical perspective of what happens when actual dictators actually violate human rights and pull your head in, turn on Netflix, grab a beer and go fishing on Monday.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:45 am
Im pretty shocked and disappointed that after so many articles, threads and discussion on here about the very topic that some members mindsets are still unchanged about the subject :( :( :(
Sook down..
What I take from this, is that a lot of fishermen r sooks...dissapointing
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri May 08, 2020 12:27 pm

bowl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:45 am
Sook down..
What I take from this, is that a lot of fishermen r sooks...dissapointing
Much like all the rugged, outdoors-y prepper types in the US who couldn't go a month without Macca's and a haircut...

If a month and a half of no fishing is the worst thing that has happened to you in your lifetime you've probably had a decent innings.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri May 08, 2020 12:30 pm

Agree with what you say Ango. Hard to believe that so many support a ban on fishing......on a fishing forum. Maybe we really do deserve the government we have in Victoria. This ban has no basis in science or medicine as far as the pandemic goes.

Return to “General”