Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:05 pm

fishnut wrote:I was at the servo at 4am one day during snapper season and a bit tired from the trip the night before
The fuel cap was on the gunnel which was black and so was the plastic flush mount rod holder so i proceded to put fuel into the rod holder instead of fuel hole but only a little bit LOL
:rofl:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 pm

fishnut wrote:I was at the servo at 4am one day during snapper season and a bit tired from the trip the night before
The fuel cap was on the gunnel which was black and so was the plastic flush mount rod holder so i proceded to put fuel into the rod holder instead of fuel hole but only a little bit LOL
Bloke we took fishing with us when my dad had a 635 swordfish did this. Except he didnt put a little bit... he put 100 litres... it was gushing out the bungs and the boat stunk like fuel for months (which smelt good to me)

Kinda felt bad for how bad the guy felt though.

longcaster98
Has liked: 2 times

Post by longcaster98 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:33 pm

One particular thing that happens is that whenever I head up to the pier and ask if anyone has caught anything, at least one person says that someone caught a 1metre pinky or a gummy shark the week before... every single week...

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:04 pm

On a windy day seen a bloke hook a fish, stand up out his chair and the chair took off over the pier and floated away.

Also hooked a little toadie as a kid, threw it back and being a high pier a bird took it mid drop to the water

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 am

i caught a snapper of mornington probs just keeper and seal ate it

HughAdam

Post by HughAdam » Mon May 13, 2019 6:47 pm

I pulled a fishing rod, with a carp still attached to it out of the water. It was quite an experience.
My blogs: toodrie- eatrbox - clevermicro - cameengo - felicity
Last edited by HughAdam on Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 13, 2019 7:25 pm

while at the last bream comp at mallacoota , day 1 i was fishing with a chubby, on the retrieve i felt the line just go slack and wondered wtf just happened, next second behind me i hear a rattle and a splash, tailor had taken my lure.. for the next 5 mins or so the tailor kept jumping all around the boat trying to shake the lure off.
was very funny as you would just hear, rattle rattle rattle splash, rattle rattle rattle splash, rattle rattle rattle splash!!!!! we then moved onto another spot so not sure if he finally managed to shake the lure off...

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:37 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:25 pm
while at the last bream comp at mallacoota , day 1 i was fishing with a chubby, on the retrieve i felt the line just go slack and wondered wtf just happened, next second behind me i hear a rattle and a splash, tailor had taken my lure.. for the next 5 mins or so the tailor kept jumping all around the boat trying to shake the lure off.
was very funny as you would just hear, rattle rattle rattle splash, rattle rattle rattle splash, rattle rattle rattle splash!!!!! we then moved onto another spot so not sure if he finally managed to shake the lure off...
You were fishing with a chubby? ok, but I don't see how that relates to the rest of the story.

willow17

Post by willow17 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:04 pm

HughAdam wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:47 pm
I pulled a fishing rod, with a carp still attached to it out of the water. It was quite an experience.
If that was at Eildon there could be a chance it was my rod hahah :(

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Aaron75 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:37 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:25 pm
You were fishing with a chubby? ok, but I don't see how that relates to the rest of the story.
I'm guessing your not a bream fisherman :-D

Return to “General”