Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:53 pm

denis barden wrote:Just came back from Fushin with Trumpeter
Caught a Flattie wriggled it off the hook and it landed on my foot.Guess what-I had Blundstone Fushin boots on and its Dorsal fin went right thru to my bone in 2 spots-Ouch Ouch
Tuff guys the old Flattie
Ouchie

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Caught a Flattie wriggled it off the hook and it landed on my foot.Guess what-I had Blundstone Fushin boots on and its Dorsal fin went right thru to my bone in 2 spots-Ouch Ouch
Those fushing flathead are like roses, if one doesn't get you another one will
The only time I saw my father cry, was when he was spiked under his fingernail
Gra

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Camping at Buckenderra on Lake Ecumbene.

I go for a trip into Jinabyne to buy some supplies, and on the way back it had snowed and covered the road sign for the turn off. Missed the turn off by that much. Sideways.

Make into camp without snow chains, the tent is a little way up the hill, so I give the car a little throttle to make it up the hill, and realise I don't have any brakes as the car slides into the tent, knocking it down.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Geeeez. What a day!

ChristianGoneFishing
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ChristianGoneFishing » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:48 pm

I put my boat in once without the plugs in. Parked the car, came back and it was sinking. Got the car and po pulled the boat back out, drained put on plugs and back in. Very funny, I felt like an idiot until a guy said to me, "don't worry I was on my way out before I realised. I had to jump in the water to put them in". So nice of him to make me feel less stupid lol

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Not recent but lure fishing for bream that I am a complete novice at miss a strike from a solid fish that I could see as it hit the lure went to reposition whilst holding the lure line gets caught on tree hook goes into finger. Small lure unable to remove by self drive to hospital with lure in hand.
Nursing staff remove successfully attractive female doctor comes for a look #shouldhavegothernumber.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Camping at Buckenderra on Lake Ecumbene.

I go for a trip into Jinabyne to buy some supplies, and on the way back it had snowed and covered the road sign for the turn off. Missed the turn off by that much. Sideways.

Make into camp without snow chains, the tent is a little way up the hill, so I give the car a little throttle to make it up the hill, and realise I don't have any brakes as the car slides into the tent, knocking it down.
Not a.good day

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Texas wrote:
Those fushing flathead are like roses, if one doesn't get you another one will
The only time I saw my father cry, was when he was spiked under his fingernail
Gra
Probably matches when I got spiked by a snapper and the dorsal fin snapped.off in my thumb spiking in under my nail

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:55 pm

We all have our fishing disasters - being chased up a tree by an angry bull was no fun! One night at our club I was doing a demonstration of how to tie up Mullet as swim baits for Marlin. The Mullet I was using was still half frozen. Somehow I managed to put a large bag needles through the Mullet and then through the palm of my hand and out the other side. It pumped blood very well when I pulled out the needle. Strange to say it did not hurt all that much at the time. I also have a nice scar on my hand from when i yanked out a hook - I was trying to untangle a mess that my useless (in terms of fishing) brother in law had caused when a Kingfish took off with a bait that was still in the water and pulled the hook I was holding straight in down to the bone - without thinking I just tore it out. Fishing is s very safe sport :super: :super:

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 pm

I was at the servo at 4am one day during snapper season and a bit tired from the trip the night before
The fuel cap was on the gunnel which was black and so was the plastic flush mount rod holder so i proceded to put fuel into the rod holder instead of fuel hole but only a little bit LOL

Return to “General”