Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
adrianv

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by adrianv » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Filled up the rod holder instead of the fuel tank. That was fun!

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10 pm

at rowville lakes - throwing my chair and a bunch of other things at about 5 wasps that were swarming around me and my fishing gear (they love the bait!) and then looking up and seeing a few people that were walking had stopped to watch me with that "wtf is this idiot doing?" look on their face......

also casting out and catching a tree, try to wind in the line to rip the rig out of the tree only to loose grip on the fishing rod and have it fly into the tree....about 15ft off the ground........

gecko61

Post by gecko61 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:17 pm

tried launching boat with straps still attached,cast a 2 piece surf rod only to watch the top half fly into the ocean then the tackle got snagged,misses filled petrol into rod holder mistaken for fuel filler,went all the way to Bemm river (6 hr drive) only to find out that the fuel tank for the tinnie was still in the shed at home,ect ect just to name a few

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:20 pm

gecko61 wrote:went all the way to Bemm river (6 hr drive) only to find out that the fuel tank for the tinnie was still in the shed at home,
Man that would have been painful :doh1:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

boosted

Post by boosted » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:58 am

Fishing on a family trip when I was younger I managed to put the barbs of a lure right though my uncles ear, I couldn't stop laughing about it to!

Fallen off the pylons under bridges a fair bit while playing fish, not fun at all.

Been out fishing on rocks at low tide an not realising your now stuck with water all around and having to take off your pants to get back to shore without getting soaked.

Going out with a mate two ametures with daddy's boat and forgetting to put the drain plug in and almost sinking.

Losing rods cause they just went flying when a fish of size grabbed em.

Alot of things I'm forgetting that's all for now

WyldFisher

Post by WyldFisher » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:11 am

Can't say I have had stuff happen to me when out fishing, but was fishing while on the job. Between 40min runs, another offsider and I were fishing in a creek for Barra that was no more than 100m away from drilling rig in remote QLD. We thought it was hilarious, ah so easily amused out there lol.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:11 am

One to add to this thread tonight. Been sitting here (big concrete thing off head Rd) contemplating moving to Brighton when my rod bell goes off.

I run over all excited and reel in. Feels very odd, not much fight. Long story short, I've just had to untangle a large bat from my line. Dunno if I should count this as a successful fishing session.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 am

Basti wrote:One to add to this thread tonight. Been sitting here (big concrete thing off head Rd) contemplating moving to Brighton when my rod bell goes off.

I run over all excited and reel in. Feels very odd, not much fight. Long story short, I've just had to untangle a large bat from my line. Dunno if I should count this as a successful fishing session.
I've caught a few seagulls, but a Bat! That's got to be a first! :good:

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:57 am

adrianv wrote:Filled up the rod holder instead of the fuel tank. That was fun!
done that a few time's it is not funny just more expensive :doh1:
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 am

Birdman wrote:Oh, and after 6months of trying to extract a barra from Lake Moondarra, watched my missus land one 85cm long, using overhead reel upside down, slack line on the jumps, swam into and out of the snag etc etc, and spilt her beer. Still wont take the photo off the wall Bangg

that's gold birdman....I can imagine the pain of that barra not spitting the lure on the slack will haunt you forever !!

cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “General”