Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Bugatti » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:01 pm

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen, was not while I was fishing (but there were some fishermen around) was at these Sunday Dock/Pier markets.

I was a teenager, with Dad shopping for some Fruit & Veg and fresh fish that were sold straight from the Fishermen's Boats along the moorings, in Port Adelaide. Then up on the Wharf some distance away a bloke starts yelling crazy like, and for some unknown reason just jumps off the Wharf, many meters from the water. Sometime had passed and he hadn't surfaced, by this time a worried and concerned crowd had formed worried about this bloke. Two other blokes jumped into the murky water trying to locate him as he could not be seen in the murky depths.

This bloke finally had surfaced , , , , with a crying toddler in his arms , , , , he was the only person to notice that this toddler, amongst that crowded noisy dock, had fallen into the water and the toddler's Mum's frantic calls out were muffled/unnoticed by the noisy dock atmosphere.

Regards, Bugatti

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:04 am

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:12 pm
saph wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 am
Who knew 2 people could hook the same fish well over 100 meters or so apart oh wait that happened to me a few days ago when i didnt take my camera (odd stuff always happens when i have 0 ways of recording it that wont make it look like a mess like me catching a fish tho my fishing abilitys may just be killed by not using my good rod).
Who was on the other end mate?
some other fisher and if you mean the hook a flathead that was defently hungry.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:36 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Dylan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Me and the old man were out at night driving around 5/6 knots using dipnet to catch gar's and drove into a pylon
That's why the captain should always be watching a head
Yea I always worry about that at night!
Even the other night heading back in a couple of the markers weren’t on the chart! Luckily my mate pointed them out to me as I got close!
Where was this lx

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:37 am

fishnut wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am
Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:36 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Dylan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Me and the old man were out at night driving around 5/6 knots using dipnet to catch gar's and drove into a pylon
That's why the captain should always be watching a head
Yea I always worry about that at night!
Even the other night heading back in a couple of the markers weren’t on the chart! Luckily my mate pointed them out to me as I got close!
Where was this lx
Heading back from Williamstown towards st kilda ramp.

Return to “General”