fishing zone restrictions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: fishing zone restrictions

Post by cobby » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:29 pm

laneends wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:48 pm

media doesnt help when you have journos jumping on people for crimes of sitting on a bench while having a coffee etc. They always go for the easy mark rather than the important ones. Telephoto lenses just to make overcrowding look worse than it is...
Or the police going on in the media about "stupid" people copping fines for a gathering only to go back to the media a day later red faced because they've got next to no bloody idea what's right and wrong....

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 pm

I intend to fish throughout this lockdown while it is legal to do so. The act of traveling within this metro area to fish doesn't lead to any real increase in spread of the virus if you plan a little bit. Fill up before you leave in your local area, fish solo in places where social distancing is easy (beaches, rock ledges for landbased guys) and if the location you've picked is busy find somewhere else. Hopefully enough fishos can do the right thing and we are allowed to do it right through this lock down.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Sounds like the hordes made their way down to the surf coast before the lockdown took effect. I assume it's the same elsewhere.

How hard is it to stay the **** at home? If 6 weeks of not being able to visit your holiday house is the worst thing that happens to you in your life you're probably better off than approximately 99.999% of humans who have ever lived.

It's bad enough that businesses all over Melbourne will be killed off as a result of the second lockdown, there's no need to inflict that on regional businesses too by spreading the virus through rural Victoria as well.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:38 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 pm

It's bad enough that businesses all over Melbourne will be killed off as a result of the second lockdown, there's no need to inflict that on regional businesses too by spreading the virus through rural Victoria as well.
I'm no finance expert but listening to this interview about our economy going into Depression , superannuation etc is extremely worrying.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6169851057001

I read in the Age paper (I think), they estimate 15% of businessas in Vic will not reopen after this next lockdown.
This is Serously messed up and not only is it the virus, but what about Depression/suicide, Domestic violence, indecent assault etc people are and will be experiencing.
Let's hope this round can be dealt with swiftly.
Close all piers for one and everywhere else where people will be elbow bashing.
Considering some experts back in Feb/March were saying this was likely also Airborne, we need to protect those at risk.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 am

4liters wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Is it just me or can anyone else believe that this is actually happening here in Australia. We are being turned into a 3rd world country :dn:
Or is this to stop us from becoming a third world country? I suspect we'll come out better at the end of a 6 week lockdown than the US emerges from their raging dumpster fire.
Taking drastic measures that compromise your power base in order to prevent the spread of a virus and protect the population is basically a universal trait of third world dictators. This is why areas run by third world dictators are always disease free. Don't you know anything Goony?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 am

But seriously for a moment. The map is extremely clear.

If you live in the bright red area, do not leave the bright red area.

Practice social distancing whether you see people around you doing it or not.

Make sure you have your ID with your address on it and your rod in the car so if you get pulled over by some power tripping moron you can prove where you live and where you're going. Be polite and courteous no matter how much of a rude pr---- someone is to you and you 'should' be fine.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:59 am

With the flat waters this afternoon, i am planning to beat gunna waters to froth then stay at home preparing the garden beds for the next 6 weeks....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 am

i personally already know someone that has gone fishing (and bagged out on gars) that lives in a red suburb.
the mentality of people need to change rather than ask for dan to resign!
yes, he did **** up many things, but with attitude of people like the above, its a fail from the get go.

the rules should have been made in such a way that either only fish in your suburb.
or do not travel from red suburbs to the outside to fish.
(stiff **** if you dont have water nearby to fish)
by locking down metro Melbourne. it has overidden the previous hot spot suburb lockdown rules and now every person in a red suburb can now fish wherever they want in metro Melbourne possibly spreading the virus again. :(

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:25 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 am
But seriously for a moment. The map is extremely clear.

Practice social distancing whether you see people around you doing it or not.

Make sure you have your ID with your address on it and your rod in the car so if you get pulled over by some power tripping moron you can prove where you live and where you're going. Be polite and courteous no matter how much of a rude pr---- someone is to you and you 'should' be fine.
Not travel to far from ....
Screenshot_2020-07-10-11-23-22.jpg
Screenshot_2020-07-10-11-23-52.jpg
Screenshot_2020-07-10-11-24-04.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:38 am

Fisheries victoria just released a statement just now and it doesn't say anything about staying close to home.
i dunno why they make things so confusing.
The DHS website seems more logical given the current circumstances.

Return to “General”