Where are YOU going this long weekend

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
shaynebennett

Re: Where are YOU going this long weekend

Post by shaynebennett » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Home to Newcastle. Lake Macquarie for BIG flatties, whiting, pinkies and maybe a shark or two....all going to plan that is! :icon_lolz:
If only I could fish more

rookie

Post by rookie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

I've been looking at Kilcunda beach just past town where the carpark is (thanks google earth!!)

I've got family stuff on the weekend but Thursday night looks pretty good; light SE less than 7 knots, moon 93% full, not much swell, high tide at 11:25pm-ish..

I reckon throw a few hooks in with some squid & cured eel, who knows!! I've never fished there before but you'll never ever know if you never ever go! :woohoo:

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm

rookie wrote:I've been looking at Kilcunda beach just past town where the carpark is (thanks google earth!!)

I've got family stuff on the weekend but Thursday night looks pretty good; light SE less than 7 knots, moon 93% full, not much swell, high tide at 11:25pm-ish..

I reckon throw a few hooks in with some squid & cured eel, who knows!! I've never fished there before but you'll never ever know if you never ever go! :woohoo:
Have never really got anything special at Kilcunda, small salmon & parrots.. but I have only gone to the the beach opposite the town, apparently further down is better.

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 pm

raco09 wrote:Thanks GS. :thumbsup:
Im going to crack at least 21 mtrs podoo, and when i do you will be the first person i call, :tongue: :lol:

On a serious note, im still very new to the sport, but its a great way of learning a new method of casting and improving your distances. The club has a great bunch of people that will help and give advice. And some of these guys can cast
200+ mtrs. :a_goodjob:
Thought about going also, but dont think I will make it now.... if you have the gear, it would be awesome to see a little vid of someone casting that far - youtube or something...... Is there a section of the tournament that you are going to enter, or just gonna try to sponge it up and learn what you can with a bit of coaching? :director:

Steff

Post by Steff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Workin' aswell. Very unaustralian.
So i went fishing on her birthday, .. Hey! She'll have another one!

Barwon Baron

Post by Barwon Baron » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Heading up to the Mighty Murray - to see "THE AXE" ( mother in-law ) a.k.a Silver Back, Dragon, Yeti, Medusa, Godzilla.
Take the kids for Yabbying and fishing, and trying to find some 'Road-Kill' or Carp to feed to T-Rex

Return to “General”