Land based sharks!!!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Daisymuffin

Re: Land based sharks!!!

Post by Daisymuffin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:28 pm

is it possible to get a RC Boat or helicopter to take out your bait?

Dylan1990

Post by Dylan1990 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm

slinga wrote:
Dylon Pereira wrote:I have been trying to catch a gummy for about 3-4 years land based. I still have donuts. I used to go out about 2 times a month. now i probably go out once every 2 months.
I have done countless hours of research into catching gummy sharks.
Still Donuts
This post makes me cry.
Come out with me in about 2 weeks...

I only have Tuesday and Wednesdays off work so if you can do it then that would be awesome
Fishing doesn't add years to your life,
It adds life to your years!

Dylan1990

Post by Dylan1990 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Daisymuffin wrote:is it possible to get a RC Boat or helicopter to take out your bait?
I have a remote control jet ski that might work
Fishing doesn't add years to your life,
It adds life to your years!

Cretts

Post by Cretts » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Dylan1990 wrote: I'll even give away my secrets to get really useful info
Many thanks guys
:shark:
i dont understand this part.

why do you wanna catch rays or 7 gills?

you wont see bronzies until summer and as someone said schoolies are caught in deeper water generally (ive never caught a schooly land based in WP).

go to cowes or rosebud jetty if you wanna use that kind of gear, otherwise get some gear you can cast and pick a beach or rock platform anywhere from sandy point to flinders close to reef, doesnt have to be deep. Wouldnt like to try and get out a bait with a little boat in anything over 3 k wind or 2 knots of tide...and you would probably sink the boat given the sinker you would require.

hsv2ko

Post by hsv2ko » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 pm

I wish I could catch any shark but then again wouldn't know what to do with one but one day I will get there :)

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Dylan1990 wrote:Hey all,
but I want to start off with 7 gills or bronzes on a beach withing 1-2 hours of cranbourne I have my rigs all ready and land based game rods waiting to be used but locations is something I don't have. Would anyone be able to help?? I'll even give away my secrets to get really useful info
Many thanks guys
Interestingly I started sharing info with Dylan, but he wasn't forcoming with any of his, so I wonder if his claim of catching nearly 50 gummies is factual.

Cretts

Post by Cretts » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
but I want to start off with 7 gills or bronzes on a beach withing 1-2 hours of cranbourne I have my rigs all ready and land based game rods waiting to be used but locations is something I don't have. Would anyone be able to help?? I'll even give away my secrets to get really useful info
Many thanks guys
Interestingly I started sharing info with Dylan, but he wasn't forcoming with any of his, so I wonder if his claim of catching nearly 50 gummies is factual.
the way it is worded seems like its written by someone who has no idea and/ or is b4llshiting. bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: bull:: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing: :set1_fishing:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Many thanks guys

pics allways help a story..sort of make it seem real
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 pm

barra mick wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Many thanks guys

pics allways help a story..sort of make it seem real

Yeh it is easy to say,but were is the proof.

I had my suspicsion that he ws fishig for free info. hence he did not get the whole kit and carbooddle ( Have no idea how to spell that0

tr3los

Post by tr3los » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:36 pm

anyways lads wether his telling fishing tales or not who really cares. if anyone wants to go for a gummy hunt in the next week or two pm me.. i have fresh salmon ready to get smashed.

Return to “General”