What is it with Bananas when going fishing?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: What is it with Bananas when going fishing?

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 am

Drifta-X wrote:
MadMullet wrote:lol couple of stories i heard.. most logical one was that when the first europeans tried to take 'nanas back west from the indies, the green bananas they had on board ripened quicker than they expected, and sent the rest of the fresh fruit and veg they had on board off.... resulting in a nasty spate of scurvy amongst the crew....

I'm sure the other mob here have heard some other theories.....this one sorta makes sense to me :)
100% correct!!
X2

in fact you can even try this at home get some under ripened tomatos put some in a bolt with banana and put some in a bowl seperated from a banana

the gasses given off by the nana will ripen the fruit close to it quicker than the fruit seperated from it
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Yep, I love my bananas..I take a nana fishing for nourishment and energy, I take a banana flavoured up and go also. At times I have put little pieces of banana on my hook as bait and gotten bites. Now that has got to take the cake. Yes, if the wife has baked fresh banana cake I will take 2 big pieces along with me also....bananas are classed as brain food and that is the main reason I eat plenty of them :rofl: :rofl: ... :cheers: :gone: :banana:

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:21 pm

So that's why monkeys are so smart ! :icon_lolz:
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Brighton Bomber

Post by Brighton Bomber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey guys, I like to thank you all for sharing your comments regarding
Should or should you not take bananas with you when fishing

I am still undecided, :dontknow so I'm think of going fishing on Sunday I'll take one with me,
lets see how we go :banana:

See you at Brighton :victory: :gone:

Return to “General”