New Year fishing resolutions!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Rod Bender

Re: New Year fishing resolutions!

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:50 am

tuna tube wrote:Fish with rod bender
You crave donuts?!!!!! :)
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
tuna tube wrote:Fish with rod bender
You crave donuts?!!!!! :)
Thats my job mate! :cheers:
Cheers
The Tube

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:11 pm

barra mick wrote:Nude up and myself want to get tuna tube off his handline and onto a rod this year
Never!
Cheers
The Tube

TrevKing

Re: 2015 New Year Fishing Resolutions!

Post by TrevKing » Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 am

TrevKing wrote:Murray Cod

Redfin over 40cm

Rainbow over 40cm

Trout on a plastic [/size]

Catch my first squid
Getting close to half way...anyone made any progress? I've ticked 2 off, the next couple are going to be hard though.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Rod Bender

Re: 2015 New Year Fishing Resolutions!

Post by Rod Bender » Sat May 09, 2015 12:21 am

TrevKing wrote:....................................................................................................................................
Getting close to half way...anyone made any progress?........................
Nope! Countless efforts chasing yellas on lures with no luck...flipside is I have caught more cod on lures in the last 7 months than I have caught in my life! :) One attempt at the salt at Brighton failed! Don't think I have attempted the surface cod fishing yet.

Your goal of a 40 cm+ redfin...do you have any tactics for the bigger models or just hope for the best?
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat May 09, 2015 7:01 am

Forgot I even had these lol - good post dredge :)
sloth wrote:40cm or better bream
Did this - but had to go to Tassie to do it. Still chasing a local bream and about 4cm short at the moment. But bream season is upon us ;)
sloth wrote:Bream on surface
Got close. If I could get past the EPs! Still chasing this but got my first species on surface this year with a yarra EP.
sloth wrote:Mulloway on lure
Haven't even tried. I'm too focused on my breamin' at the moment. I reckon I've hooked one this year though ..... Possible I'll get one as bycatch but I'm not actively targeting them at the moment
sloth wrote:Get consistency at catching bream in my local ( maribyrnong ).
Going to say this is done. When I wrote this I remember I was really struggling to pull bream at the Nong. I've pulled quite a few this year now .... And I have a lot more productive sessions than donuts. Still - the Nong is the one place I can rely on to crush my confidence when I think I've got it owned lol.
sloth wrote:minimise my SP and HB lures to a core set of lures that work for me
Finally managed this :) The "rule" to stop lure proliferation is that I can only have one tray of hards and one tray of softs:

sloth wrote:Catch a bream on every type (not colour) of lure I decide to keep in my collection.
Still got to christen 8 lures ... But the majority is done. I've started to only carry the ones I need to christen ...... Hard to leave old favourites behind though ;)

sloth wrote:don't buy any new fishing stuff until April (eek)
Haha ... Yeah ... Right
sloth wrote:Own a kayak (hopefully)
Don't think this is going to happen. Had a loan kayak for six months which I've used once. For how I fish I realised I need a pedal yak - and that means box trailers and a few thou to do it properly - it's also not family friendly so thinking a boat is a better option (but that's a long time off too!)

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 am

sloth wrote:
Don't think this is going to happen. Had a loan kayak for six months which I've used once. For how I fish I realised I need a pedal yak - and that means box trailers and a few thou to do it properly - it's also not family friendly so thinking a boat is a better option (but that's a long time off too!)

Only need a trailer if you are buying a proangler. Everyone I know with revo's outbacks and natives out them on roof racks.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat May 09, 2015 8:49 am

Without going back, I popped the only one I tried for, got my big king. Hopefully next year I get a weekend to sneak out for a big bass in amongst trying for 15-20kg kings

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 am

Sloth, there's also the inflatables that fit in the boot. Super stable, just storage isn't as good as plastic and they're slightly slower

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat May 09, 2015 9:23 am

ducky wrote:Only need a trailer if you are buying a proangler. Everyone I know with revo's outbacks and natives out them on roof racks.
Yeah wife's not to keen on car topping the yak - thinks I'm clumsy haha.

The bigger issue with the yak is the family can't come with me.... Wouldn't mind something where the kids can come along when they're a bit older. Maybe some kind of poly boat or even a tuff tender would do ok for the local rivers ..... But then it's the travel times from the warmies up the rivers :/

Return to “General”