Point Lonsdale - Big salmon or King Fish?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
SFP Guy.

Re: Point Lonsdale - Big salmon or King Fish?

Post by SFP Guy. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Fish-cador wrote:that's it! Had enough of this pier. Point Lonsdale Pier is cursed! Went back there today and lost 3 halco twister lures without landing a single fish....please dont ask how. :fishhead: :angry: :wall:
C'mon Fish-cador, If there's Kingys there tell us, I'd love to get the big guns out and have a crack at them while I'm down that way this weekend!

Cam.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 pm

vinhii wrote:HOW?!?! :D
My leaders broke 3 times and the lures (with fish) were attached to the end of the line. Simple eh? :grin:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:06 pm

SFP Guy. wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:that's it! Had enough of this pier. Point Lonsdale Pier is cursed! Went back there today and lost 3 halco twister lures without landing a single fish....please dont ask how. :fishhead: :angry: :wall:
C'mon Fish-cador, If there's Kingys there tell us, I'd love to get the big guns out and have a crack at them while I'm down that way this weekend!

Cam.

I think what almost pull me into the drink was a kingie. Did not see a shadow though. This place has too many snags and too many anglers who wont give way if needed. When hooked to something that's smoking your drag and turning left and right, you can either 1) cut your line or 2) fight with the idiots when you snag their lines.

It's becoming frustrating to hook onto something after hundreds of cast only to lose the fish because I have to watch all the lines out there. Hard to land a big fish when everyone else are shouting "watch my line!, move there or you might snag my line!". :angry:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:16 pm

poor FC .. i know that feeling , fustrating i tells ya!! but better luck next time..

maybe try push pure thin wire on your entire line then once you hook up.. pull out a car/bike battery and zap the lil F%$Ker LOL! instant kill :P jks lol just a silly thought haha...

Or if they are still hot down that way.. try Diving maybe?
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Beno

Post by Beno » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Wire trace.... may have a better chance....
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:59 am

According to the Fishing Fever report, someone caught a stripey from Pt Lonsdale pier last week :-D

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:53 pm

I was down there last saturday with one of my son's, never been there before. Guy next to us hooked up on a fish that broke surface just as it struck. Took heaps of line. He finally got it up to the peer and broke his rod. Told him to hang on while we gafted it but he tried to lift it and broke the line. I had a very brief look at it, as he had it's head out of the water, while he tried to lift it. I thought it was a stripey and I have seen quite a few in my day. Funny, it was googling to find what is caught there that I found this forum. If it was a stripey it was good size one. He was using 20lb braid and it when off with a crack.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:10 pm

you guys could be correct. It could be a stripey that made me shout all the profanities when my line broke. As I mentioned before, I saw shades of gray/grey. Stripey's have this color. Maybe I should send live bait under a balloon next time. Will also try to go heavy and tie myself to the pier so I wont hit the drink. :-)

I think I know who that guy who broke his rod. He was with me spinning again last time I went there just a few days ago...... he told me the story. He still does not own a gaff or a landing net but would like to use a crab post instead. LOL.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “General”