Sunglasses

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Sunglasses

Post by ducky » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 am

Glass is great. Agree with everything cobby said. They are definitely heavier though. If you are on the tools and are constantly working with them on in the heat they can slide off at times. But I will stick with glass for fishing and plastic if it was for general/work use.

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Well picked up a pair today for $200 they are halide drones by spotters, pretty damn happy that's for sure can't wait till Monday to give them a test drive!!!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

foggybottom

Post by foggybottom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:46 am

you'll love them mate, the only problem I have with the halide lenses is that they're too dark for stream work, if you're getting in amongst it and want to see through the water in a shaded but glary stream setting, you'll want to find something else. For everything else though, you're on to a winner!

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:50 am

Just got a pair of spotters myself mate they are the best i don't know why i didn't buy them earlier you'll love them
Cheers Nick

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Just adding to this. Hit up a local creek this arvo for a bream bash for the first time in about 3 years. The halide lenses were brilliant in the almost Yarra like water and high glare. Could spot out every snag, and every fish was sight casted to from the bank. Lost a good fish because I need some serious sight fishing practice again to stop getting so twitchy. But watching schools of bream in snags come out all curious at this nervous bit of hard fishy plastic in ultra high definition before smashing the lure was amazing.

And if anyone catches a ~35cm fish with a 375 colour (rainbow trout) ecogear sx40 in it's gob I'd like it back thanks. But you can keep the 5 or so cm of 4lb flurocarbon

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:02 am

Halide lense plastic or glass?

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:20 am

They are glass, used mine today wading the flats around blairegowrie and they were faultless and with the transition lenses could wear then till the sun went down completely!

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:43 am

So do all polarized sunnies give you the same ability to see into the water? I ask because I always buy good quality sunnies with polarized glass lenses but have never bought a pair that are specifically marketed as fishing glasses. Wondering if I would notice a difference.

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:48 am

Not to sure all I know is the spotters absolutely destroyed my last set of $60 glasses the clarity through the water was incredible! I don't think it will be a huge difference except fish will stand out a bit more with "fishing" glasses from my understanding
Cam

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:27 am

Halides are glass. I've always had good plastic, but the glass was a cut above in conditions I've fished a lot.

Wouldn't know the difference between 'fishing' brands and good non fishing brands. I'd assume they'd be very similar

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”