Tackle tray advice

Mishachief

Re: Tackle tray advice

Post by Mishachief » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm

i use a army satchel bag, (canvas) that i got cheap at aussie disposals, in that i put the tackle tray box i need for the day, that has hooks, swivels, etc in it... that are all in resealable plastic bags that i bought on ebay cheap, the only hooks that are not in bags are ones used... and when they get dodgey i discard them.

sinkers, if small go in the tray box with the hooks etc.. but larger ones i keep in a pouch/container.

rest of things in my bag. i have are torch, 2knives, pliers, hand rags, sunscreen etc.

i have two tray boxes, one salt water, one fresh, but i am also adding one large hooks & traces/rigs for salt.
♥♥♥ Life's a Beach, So Go Fishing! ♥♥♥

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:10 pm

hornet wrote:And you'll need one of these... :thumbsup:

Lol I've used an old cricket kit bag with wheels to cart my stuff around before, although a lot of the things I'd bring would never get used so I'm trying to downsize and rationalise.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:19 pm

4liters wrote:

Lol I've used an old cricket kit bag with wheels to cart my stuff around before, although a lot of the things I'd bring would never get used so I'm trying to downsize and rationalise.
I tried to downsize but that didn't work for me, every time I left things at home thinking I wouldn't need it Bam ! guess what I needed it !

Now I use a trolley with rod holders fitted, I don't leave anything at home, I usually spend anything up to 10 hours on a fishing session so I need to make things as comfortable as possible.

Deck chair,wet weather gear, crab nets, landing net hoops, esky ect ... one trip from the car and that's it, not to mention no back strain..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Looks like BCF have the tackle bags on sale coming up to easter if you are still looking, might be worth a look

http://images.lasoomedia1.com.au/imagei ... 01_ORG.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:30 am

I ended up getting this: http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... mendations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fits almost all the gear I own and the weight isn't an issue because it's a backpack. Not cheap so I hope it last me a while.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

adamk

Post by adamk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:45 am

Plano stuff looks like it was made by the same people that make the tackel boxs for kmart.

I went the route of trays an a toolbox that has some flex apposed to the hard plastic boxs that crack. But trays an a bag would be the best bet as mentioned
hornet wrote:
4liters wrote:

I tried to downsize but that didn't work for me, every time I left things at home thinking I wouldn't need it Bam ! guess what I needed it !

Now I use a trolley with rod holders fitted, I don't leave anything at home, I usually spend anything up to 10 hours on a fishing session so I need to make things as comfortable as possible.

Deck chair,wet weather gear, crab nets, landing net hoops, esky ect ... one trip from the car and that's it, not to mention no back strain..

I consided hiting up my mate the builds boats to weld me up a trolly frame for my esky, battery for my radios an tackel box an rod holders still working on the design. Use to have a trailer for a mountain bike in the past that I used for fishing use to be good but the looks you would get on the train. But then again I did transport a 3 element yagi for 27mhz one time during peak hour 15ft mast o_0

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”