Tackle Bag Backpack Advice

trink80

Tackle Bag Backpack Advice

Post by trink80 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Guys,

looking to purchase a tackle bag backpack. Been looking at the blackmagic tackle bag http://www.blackmagictackle.com/shop/St ... UB5ZZNwFZg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Kato Trekking Pack Tackle Bag http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... mendations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Would like to here any ones suggestions on any other tackle bag or any reviews on the above.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Tackle Bag Backpack Advice

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:39 pm

Just get a comfortable back back with good back support etc. put a couple of Plano cases in it. You don't need to go too over the top and this gives good ability to throw your back back on and day a days fishing.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:56 pm

I bought the kato one recently and highly recommend it. Not cheap but definitely worth the money
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:04 pm

I just take whatever lures n tackle i need in a small shoulder backpack. Along with some tools water and leader bait etc i already needa carry two rods and a net if u got the money to spare i say why not but if its to store all ur tackle its a lot of dead weight ie: u wont be needing star sinkers in a river and u wont need split shots in wp ducky's on point with the trays
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:13 pm

I noticed on ur link the bag was rrp $119 and more or less the same pack for $49 on that page, http://m.bcf.com.au/Product/Kato-Deluxe ... ing/339606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:21 pm

I was wandering around Harvey Norman big buys at the ikea building when I found my bag. It looked comfortable enough. It's just a bag after all. I got the roman vault. Here's a link anyway. There's some cheap bags on there. Don't think you need a tackle specific bag unless using it for home storage.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/sports-c ... /backpacks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:27 pm

I've got a savage urban sling bag (http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... mendations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and while its decent (material is water / stain resistant, pockets are well laid out, and it's a good overall size) I wouldn't buy it again if I had my time over.

To be honest after using it a fair bit I've found the single strap sling design gets uncomfortable simply because you've got all the weight digging in to one shoulder. Definitely go for a two-strap if you're planning on hiking one a fair way or for a solid amount of time in a session.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Man they all seem so expensive!! I suggest if u guys really wanna terminal tackle bag and get bang for ur buck go to the boating camping fishibg expo in august ud pick one up for 30 bucks

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:39 pm

i use one of the kmart ones (normal backpack near the fishing section in blue or red) and just chuck what i need into em. cheap and got plenty of pockets and points to attach carabiners with your tools in easy reach. get one with a waistband if you can. a full day of casting with it on your back can give you sore shoulders

pilchy22

Post by pilchy22 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:55 pm

I have the Kato trecking deluxe fishing back bag (the cheaper blue one) currently on sale for $49. ive had it for a little while now and think its absolutely awesome. coming from someone whose fishing career always involved a backpack (dont own a car, only a motorcycle) and the backpack has made organising and carrying everything I need a breeze. even has a fishing rod holder on the side that seems pretty good, which I only found out after I purchased it. it doubles as just a normal back pack, and or just a side strap tackle bag. all the zips feel really good, and it has plenty of storage space. the only problems I have with it is that the main backpack straps seem pretty thin, but they aren't terrible. and the tackle boxes it comes with aren't the greatest. but id assume I could always swap them for some better ones if I really wanted to. other than that. its probably by far my favourite fishing related purchase.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”