Burley formulas and recipes

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Burley formulas and recipes

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Out of interest I have access to literally as much wheat husk/chaff as one would ever want plus access to wholemeal flour as a result of tests done at work. I have never bothered checking to see if it would work as burley but does anyone use flour as part of their burley (dough excluded)

I have long thought about buying a pelletiser and making my own burley with whole wheat/chaff plus added extras but at $1kg for chook pellets it doesn't seem worth the expense for the use Id get out of it.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
4liters wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:While on a boat, your breakfast, lunch or dinner will make a good burley trail
Is there anything you recommend people eat beforehand to maximise their results?

Enough about burley being made up of what it was that you ate. The next person to mention it goes on a holiday.
Bread, put butter to make it float. Gars will come.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
4liters wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:While on a boat, your breakfast, lunch or dinner will make a good burley trail
Is there anything you recommend people eat beforehand to maximise their results?

Enough about burley being made up of what it was that you ate. The next person to mention it goes on a holiday.
Bread, put butter to make it float. Gars will come.
FC you are pushing the envelope.

Please ignore FC suggestion, yes it will make it float, and it will float away taking the gars with it out of your fishing range.

alveydancanspin

Post by alveydancanspin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:16 pm

pilchard cubes soaked in tuna oil, will attract anything that swims....does include some rather large sharks however

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 pm

The g man and I use Terry plastic milk bottles with a mix of tuna oil, breadcrumbs oats and chick pellets, Stab a hole or twelve in the side, tie them to a rope and hang them over the edge if the ledge we are fishing. One about 90 mins before nightie and I've right on high. Then the first two fish e spin up get filleted, their frames string through the gills and also hung into the wash to slam against thee rocks. Gives us a huge mix of dink and drift rates and also a orrery much infinite source of shark Burley
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:22 pm

I usually take with me a burley pack consisting of a container full of crushed (by hand) WeetBix, a bottle of tuna oil and an empty peanut butter jar. Every so often I half fill the jar with Weetbix, pour in some tuna oil, shake it and flick it straight into the water. Seems to work well on the rocks, and makes a lot less mess than some other methods.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:27 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
4liters wrote:

A few jokers, think that human vomitus makes good burley. It doesn't

Fish are very sensitive to their environment, oxygen levels, salinity and acidity.

If you add human vomitus to a fish aquarium, the fish will die. Inhale enough of it and you will die.

Human vomitus is mostly fluid and undigested food particles. The fluid is hydrochloric acid and bile which contains enzymes to break down food particles. The volume is roughly about 300-400 mL. Depending of course how long ago it was that you had a meal.

Leave the fluid in contact with your skin, and it will eventually burn and breakdown your skin. So any fish that swims into this toxic chemical cloud is not going to like the experience very much.

Add 300-400 mls of fluid to an olympic size swimming pool, it is doubtful that even the most sensitive scientific devices would be able to detect it. Add this amount of fluid to the bay and by the time anything sinks to the bottom in 10 or 20 feet of water, it would have moved hundreds of meters away from you. If it was at all detectable.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:29 am

This topic is now permanently locked.

To stop any more jokers commenting about vomitus and burley.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:28 am

Don't lock the thread wolly. It prevents legit discussion. Just delete posts.

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:52 am

Hey just wondering, so is it illegal to use chicken as Burley? When people use chicken and chicken hearts as bait?

just trying to distinguish the difference between Burley and Bait..

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”