Use of Keel when using spinners.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Use of Keel when using spinners.

Post by meppstas » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Spot on 4 litres.. I have had a PM from Fisho11 & given him some info which will hopefully help him out.. I've been off line for a week as I used up my monthly allowance & internet has been slowed to a crawl.. Did it live streaming watching the grand kids bmx racing at Bathurst.. had no idea how much it chewed it up.. Get it back at Midnight tonight thankfully.. Have several reports & pic's ready to post.. Will put one up every few days..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Of course, I forgot Tassie has no internet until they fix the cable or something.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Freshfishin

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi all, I'm curious and must say I've never heard of a "Keel" in relation to a spinner can some please explain it or maybe post a picture for me?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm

It's a flat piece of plastic or lead with a swivel at one end and ring at the other. You tie the mainline on the ring end and the leader (with spinner) onto the swivel end.
http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... mendations

The action of the spinner twists the leader a bit but having the keel provides enough resistance that the swivel spins instead of the twist extending up the main line.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:26 am

Freshfishin wrote:Hi all, I'm curious and must say I've never heard of a "Keel" in relation to a spinner can some please explain it or maybe post a picture for me?
This is how I have mins set up.. top one without the drop fly/ bottom one with it.. In the top photo you'll notice I have a swivel to attach the keel, that's only so i can make a quick change over to a Rapala or similar.. saves me time, plus I don't wear my take my reading glasses with me and i don't spend 10 minutes trying to put the line through the lure when tying it on... :-D :-D Has never effected my trout fishing or the way a lure work either.
Anti-kink (keel) set up. (Medium) (Small).JPG
Keel (anti-kink) set up
Anti-kink (keel) set up. (Medium) (Small).JPG (74.39 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Anti-kink setup.jpg
with drop fly
Anti-kink setup.jpg (70.94 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”