Fishing Gloves - Boat

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Fishing Gloves - Boat

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:21 am

Wondering if anyone here uses gloves out on the boat?

I've been considering looking into it but wondering if they end up more of a nuisance than not?

Usually I am skippering the boat, working the rods, bait and burley so it's a fairly messy job.

I was in Anaconda the other day but couldn't find anything suitable other than possibly some cycling gloves with the finger tips open..

Any suggestions / recommendations?

MsShimano

Re: Fishing Gloves - Boat

Post by MsShimano » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:00 am

yepi'mon wrote:Wondering if anyone here uses gloves out on the boat?

I've been considering looking into it but wondering if they end up more of a nuisance than not?

Usually I am skippering the boat, working the rods, bait and burley so it's a fairly messy job.

I was in Anaconda the other day but couldn't find anything suitable other than possibly some cycling gloves with the finger tips open..

I have the Shimano ocea gloves and I love them. I usually have warm hands so I don't wear them to keep warm but I do like wearing them for jigging and extra grip on wet rods.. while it's raining etc. purple5ive (steve) wore fingerless gloves during our trip on the weekend but I'm not sure what brand they were. I am betting daiwa lol.
IMG_8599.PNG
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:09 am

Go to black woods or other suppliers of trade and safety products and you will find gloves of equal to superior quality for a fraction of the price.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:17 am

MsShimano wrote:

I have the Shimano ocea gloves and I love them. I usually have warm hands so I don't wear them to keep warm but I do like wearing them for jigging and extra grip on wet rods.. while it's raining etc. purple5ive (steve) wore fingerless gloves during our trip on the weekend but I'm not sure what brand they were. I am betting daiwa lol.
IMG_8599.PNG

I thort that might have been you showing off a massive bent rod in the pic lol as well as the gloves

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 am

Just get the cloth gardening gloves with the green rubber grip and cut the fingers off
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 am

smile0784 wrote:
MsShimano wrote:

IMG_8599.PNG

I thort that might have been you showing off a massive bent rod in the pic lol as well as the gloves

Hahahaha I dont have very manly arms! Mine are soft and delicate and that's how I keep them by wearing those gloves haha
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:26 pm

4liters wrote:Just get the cloth gardening gloves with the green rubber grip and cut the fingers off
Save a few $$

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

I wear 2 types of gloves 1 pair is primarily for sun protection having very white skin I have been trying to protect it these gloves are also good for releasing marlin. Good grip on the bill and protect from the roughness of it, I buy them off ebay cost about $3 so I buy them in lots of 6 wash a few times then bin them. My other gloves are aftco tracing gloves my mates liked them so much they have all bought them $79 on ebay they are $179 in the shops just get the size right my first pair were a bit tight so I sold them to tuna tube and these are my replacement pair.
Attachments
14967210175611.jpg
14967210175611.jpg (134.28 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
14967209992520.jpg
14967209992520.jpg (31.64 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:01 pm

anaconda now stock afn sun gloves $15.00 but when you get the gloves home you will have to get the needle and thread out a fix a few stitchs as there pretty shonky

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”