Chiller Bags

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Re: Chiller Bags

Post by Tim399 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah it does leak if you put ice in it, which could be annoying in a boat but isn't an issue in the back of the kayak. However I just freeze water bottles and throw one or two in when it's hot, no leaking water and stays nice and cool. The outer layer isn't waterproof which is good as when I wet it, it stays wet for a while and with a slight breeze it cools the surface of the bag. Obviously it's not as good as a name brand heavy duty bag, but for $10 you can't go wrong. When I get home I just flip it inside out, hose the inner lining off and inox the zip to prevent corrosion

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks mate.
I did think of doing ezactly this a while ago but i wasnt sure how to seal it properly without having water evrywhere.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:24 pm

blacklab99 wrote:RB, Listen, I recon there great !
I originally had no kill tank ( one getting done as we speak) and relied on an esky, but never realised how good they were until I bought one and
used it. I think there are different sized chiller bags available, but there ability to be hung upright and out of the way is perfect for space.
Generally chuck some ice in the bottom and they do keep things pretty cool if your out for a fish for the day. I was sceptical that they would work, but was pleasantly surprised. I got mine from the down rigger shop, I was buying one of his down riggers and saw the chiller bags on line.
Recon whether your putting a schoolly tuna or a bag full of your bay catch in it works great.
C
Cheers BL
Tim399 wrote:G'day, my mother in law was nice enough to make me a chiller bag to suit the back well of my kayak. Just had to buy two chiller bags from woolies, about $5 each I think? Pick the stitches appart which leaves two long padded sections and a long zip, cut it to the shape or size you want then sew it back up. This is mine, also made a smaller one to keep squid seperate, but you might be after something heavier duty. This has been fine for a couple of years for me.
Great product Tim

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:27 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Hey mate, I've got this old one which I'd be happy to sell you. I've added some extra bits to trick it up... definitely turns eyes down at the ramp.
cool_coolerbag.jpg
With those logos Yepi not only would you be paying me to take it off your hands but also a retainer to use it per fishing trip.

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”