Fishing Apps

baitworms

Re: Fishing Apps

Post by baitworms » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:23 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
one2three wrote:Does FishBrain app do this?
Not sure, but not too keen on paying $60 a year...If Fish Ranger Ranger had an automatic journal option, it might be worth the cash. I have a few apps, but you have to manually enter all the data....I'd love something where you just take a photo and the App automatically gets relevant data based on your GPS position & the time the photo was taken.
That could land you in trouble on a late Saturday night....
And more trouble when you arrive home Sunday night.
Just remember if its saved to your home computer you better have a good memory as the missus will snoop.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:14 pm

There was an app called Fysho that did that sort of thing, I used it breifly but on the yak I found I was too busy dealing with the fish in my lap to take the phone out and fire up the app. Plus wet fingers added to the degree of difficulty.

From memory it was able to ID the fish based on just a photo
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:25 am

4liters wrote:There was an app called Fysho that did that sort of thing, I used it breifly but on the yak I found I was too busy dealing with the fish in my lap to take the phone out and fire up the app. Plus wet fingers added to the degree of difficulty.

From memory it was able to ID the fish based on just a photo
You’re game taking out your phone in a yak. Thanks for the tip on the app....it looks the goods (& was free!)

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”