Rubber mesh landing net for kayak and landbased

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Re: Rubber mesh landing net for kayak and landbased

Post by Tim399 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:09 pm

I’ve been using the “large snapper retractable” net pictured at the start of the thread as well. I took the end cap and clip out of the inside of the handle, cut it back with tube cutters and reassembled the end of it. The head is nice and big and the handle is the perfect length. Prior to that net a good budget one I was using is the rogue net from bcf in the same size with a cut down handle, with a finer rubber mesh it is more prone to hook tangles though :thumbsup:

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:09 pm
I’ve been using the “large snapper retractable” net pictured at the start of the thread as well. I took the end cap and clip out of the inside of the handle, cut it back with tube cutters and reassembled the end of it. The head is nice and big and the handle is the perfect length. Prior to that net a good budget one I was using is the rogue net from bcf in the same size with a cut down handle, with a finer rubber mesh it is more prone to hook tangles though :thumbsup:
Yeah i like Berkley's rubber mesh, easy to untangle hooks and all. But they're not deep enough.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:37 am

Seb85 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Yeah i like Berkley's rubber mesh, easy to untangle hooks and all. But they're not deep enough.
Which model isn't deep enough and what are you trying to net with them?
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 am

mazman wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:37 am
Seb85 wrote:
Tim399 wrote:
The kayak net and the extended kayak net. Even the snapper net seems pretty shallow compared to 'normal mesh' nets.

I caught a nice yellowbelly and a 4 lb trout and scooped them with the berkley kayak net, their head and/or tail weren't in the net, could jump out easily out of the net I reckon.
I like the head size of the kayak net, but just wish it's deeper.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Dinga.com.au sells Berkley extended kayak net for $39.95 and free delivery for members. I might get this. Though only 28cm deep.
Good deal?

Aussie Disposals has rubber coated fine mesh net with 40cm handle in store (not online). Does trebble hooks etc get caught on rubber coated fine mesh?

https://www.dinga.com.au/berkley-extend ... 60931.html

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 am
mazman wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
Tim399 wrote:
The kayak net and the extended kayak net. Even the snapper net seems pretty shallow compared to 'normal mesh' nets.

I caught a nice yellowbelly and a 4 lb trout and scooped them with the berkley kayak net, their head and/or tail weren't in the net, could jump out easily out of the net I reckon.
Flathead will climb straight out of that Kayak net very easily in my experience.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:38 pm
Dinga.com.au sells Berkley extended kayak net for $39.95 and free delivery for members. I might get this. Though only 28cm deep.
Good deal?

Aussie Disposals has rubber coated fine mesh net with 40cm handle in store (not online). Does trebble hooks etc get caught on rubber coated fine mesh?

https://www.dinga.com.au/berkley-extend ... 60931.html
Reckon that'd be enough for whiting? They'd only be in there long enough to lift them into the yak. Flatties too. I've dropped so many of them by trying to lift them in by the leader.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:20 pm

mate you want a net for kayak and landbased ? bait and tackle direct do the special squid tamano E450h so it,s a telescopic net has 2 options rubber mesh net or nylon i would buy from the dandy shop it,s cheaper when your not busy head down to brighton pier at the end of the rock,s and watch the japanese fishing then you will know what i mean

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 am

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 am
mazman wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
Tim399 wrote:

The kayak net can lead to some Interesting times netting larger fish but you can get the job done on surprisingly large fish. The catch and release net I use now has been great for me landing fish, even though it's not crazy deep the larger head size let's bigger fish sit in it comfortably.

I should be uploading a kayak vid tonight that I net some good fish with mine in, to give an idea of how cut down it is and what it's like netting stuff off the yak with it.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:20 pm
mate you want a net for kayak and landbased ? bait and tackle direct do the special squid tamano E450h so it,s a telescopic net has 2 options rubber mesh net or nylon i would buy from the dandy shop it,s cheaper when your not busy head down to brighton pier at the end of the rock,s and watch the japanese fishing then you will know what i mean
Thanks, I'll have a look when I have time.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”