Spotters lenses

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Spotters lenses

Post by cobby » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:48 am

Hey guys it's new sunnies time and in a bit of a toss up between the penetrator glass lens and the newer halide lens. Anyone have any outside world experience with both?

And before anyone suggests other brands, Tonics kill my head in 5 minutes. Makos just don't sit right. Oakleys the same. And I'm getting a super deal with the spotters

BrynnF

Re: Spotters lenses

Post by BrynnF » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:54 am

I have a pair of Haber vision glasses which i find really nice and they are only $130 (i think). I did have a pair of more expensive okley's but the only advantage over the Haber ones were they are lighter. But the Haber ones are clearer and photochromic.
For the price i dont think you can beet them.

Aussie_moose

Post by Aussie_moose » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I have a pair of spotters with the penetrator glass lenses and i find them to be great, honestly couldn't fault them.
i also find them not only great for fishing but also great for the golf course and driving.
but i cant say iv ever used the new lenses so cant compare between the two.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like an idiot, I excel in the latter!!!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:48 pm

BrynnF wrote:I have a pair of Haber vision glasses which i find really nice and they are only $130 (i think). I did have a pair of more expensive okley's but the only advantage over the Haber ones were they are lighter. But the Haber ones are clearer and photochromic.
are these prescription b y any chance
ive been looking for a transition lense with polarising but cannot find anything that can be used in prescription glasses.

BrynnF

Post by BrynnF » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:08 pm

purple5ive wrote:
BrynnF wrote:I have a pair of Haber vision glasses which i find really nice and they are only $130 (i think). I did have a pair of more expensive okley's but the only advantage over the Haber ones were they are lighter. But the Haber ones are clearer and photochromic.
ive been looking for a transition lense with polarising but cannot find anything that can be used in prescription glasses.
No, the ones i have aren't but it says on the website that you can get them in prescriptions.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:49 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Hey mate they are photo chromatic lenses which change their tint depending on the light levels. I'm heading in to organize myself a pair of prescription spotters in time for Christmas.

I think optical superstore at southland deal in prescription spotters. I'm going there tomorrow.

Abuthen

Post by Abuthen » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 pm

purple5ive wrote: ive been looking for a transition lense with polarising but cannot find anything that can be used in prescription glasses.
I'm pretty sure you can get lenses like these at Specsavers .. prescription + transitions + polarising..
Abuthen

scruff

Post by scruff » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

I love the spotters. Money well spent

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:27 pm

I just ordered a pair of spotters cristo with the prescription halide. Can't wait to get em.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:17 pm

i didn think that polarised and transitions can be done on the same pair of glasses.

polaroid and prescription, or transition and prescription (which i have )
not both, i asked in specsavers and they said it cant be done. thats why im curious
im about to buy a pair of prescription sunglasses from specsavers with polarisation on them so would be good to know what the deals are before i commit (specsavers said it cant be done last year, havent asked them this time around yet though)
cheers

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”