Lets talk Portable/travel Landing nets

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Lets talk Portable/travel Landing nets

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 am

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/prod ... d-fishing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/prod ... d-fishing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a look at these. Not cheap. But apparently high quality.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am

You'd be surprised what you can lift. Usually use 6lb around the docks and not had it pop on a lift yet and that's up to 37cm ttt bream. But ... If it did pop on a possible PB ... Argh!

Most places I could walk it round to a pontoon or steps if I needed to. There is one place tho which holds decent units and it's always a minimum of a 12ft lift. I dread catching a 40+ there.

I also would prefer to net for the fishes well-being. It's just a problem I haven't figured out yet - even with a 2m net it's too short. I think the correct answer is don't fish there but I don't like that answer ;) I have seen others (once) fishing with a solid handle 15ft long net. Most people seem to be lifters though.

If you solve the solution let me know. Only other working solution I've seen is to have a sidekick who is willing to go down the ladder with the lip grips.

If you go that route my advice is to pick someone other than your wife :)

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 am

ducky thats expensive lollllllllll, but looks like a top idea. i think g-banger sells them yeah.

dave - im not taking a chance on 4lb mate, in saying that i did lift one of those 4 bream i caught and it held, but i dont want to loose my lures, specially where i can avoid it. hence the net.

kozy

Post by kozy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 am

I also bought one of those kamikaze ones off ebay. Seemed like a great net
Don't know if it was just mine or they have this problem in general but the telescopic pole slides off and separates ><

When I msged the seller he never replied so I personally wouldn't recommend that one but mine may be a one off case

That being said I still use it and not much hassles just need to be careful not to have weight on it while holding it vertically haha
Gone :snap:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 am

im thinking ill try one of the elcheapo ones first to get a good idea what to expect, if i do end up using ita lot i will invest in a good quality one like what ducky has posted.
let you know how i go

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:36 pm

purple5ive wrote:ducky thats expensive lollllllllll, but looks like a top idea. i think g-banger sells them yeah.

dave - im not taking a chance on 4lb mate, in saying that i did lift one of those 4 bream i caught and it held, but i dont want to loose my lures, specially where i can avoid it. hence the net.
Yeah he does mate. Maybe not the net attachment but he'd get it in for you.

I tried a $25 one from the market. But it was crappy aluminium and broke within 6 months. I had it for squidoodles. Those 700gm+ squid would really test out the rod on a dead lift. Especially when full of water. Haha. Eventually I'll get one of those auto-kings. Would really help at the docks. Especially considering where I work is on the docks. Lol

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 pm

hah yes theres always that fish that will manage to wreck the net.
i have lip grips but its usless on squid and high piers.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am

digging up an old thread I know but i bought a Compass Navi extendable net from japan. This thing has saved my ass multiple times now and landed many fish that i'd have been devastated to lose. CF handle and hoop so it's pretty light. Rubber net so easy on the fish. The net is held collapsed by friction of the handle against the head so it can extend unexpectedly sometimes and i wish that the net was a little deeper. Otherwise i'm very happy with it and don't go fishing without it.

hope the link works
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00EABM0YE

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:23 pm

looks nice basti, i got myself one from anaconda, been ok to use, but havent used since i got the boat lol.

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”