Gummy shark fishing

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Telec

Re: Gummy shark fishing

Post by Telec » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Thanks for the help guys yeah Iv been told different from everyone that has help me with some info I like to use light gear but might give Werribee rock walk a go first then might beef it up if needed thanks for the link very good info

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 pm

ducky wrote:Read and apply this mate. Admittedly it's targeted towards boats but landbased isn't a hell of a lot different.

http://bigtimefishingcharters.com.au/wp ... me-Way.pdf
thanks for the link...very informative
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 am

ducky wrote:Read and apply this mate. Admittedly it's targeted towards boats but landbased isn't a hell of a lot different.

http://bigtimefishingcharters.com.au/wp ... me-Way.pdf
Good link! Info is very helpful

Fish seeker

Post by Fish seeker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:04 am

matt1991 wrote:I recently headed up to st leanords and we hooked onto a couple of sharks. Ended up landing a 1.2 metre gummy that put up a decent fight and must have hooked a couple of 7 gillers or schoole sharks because they would do a couple of head shakes and bite straight through the line....

I had 40lb mono leader with 20lb mono spool 7000 series pen and 5 to 10kg rod.....I plan on putting a lot heavier leader next time i go.

Where abouts off St Leonards did u manage to get the sharks?? keen to give it a go soon

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:41 am

Fish seeker wrote:
matt1991 wrote:I recently headed up to st leanords and we hooked onto a couple of sharks. Ended up landing a 1.2 metre gummy that put up a decent fight and must have hooked a couple of 7 gillers or schoole sharks because they would do a couple of head shakes and bite straight through the line....

I had 40lb mono leader with 20lb mono spool 7000 series pen and 5 to 10kg rod.....I plan on putting a lot heavier leader next time i go.

Where abouts off St Leonards did u manage to get the sharks?? keen to give it a go soon

Hey mate,

Just head straight out to the channel from the boat ramp, there isn't really a secrete spot. All the best!

Fish seeker

Post by Fish seeker » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:22 am

matt1991 wrote:
Fish seeker wrote:

Hey mate,

Just head straight out to the channel from the boat ramp, there isn't really a secrete spot. All the best!
What depth

Return to “Shark Fishing”