Lang Lang gummy critter hunt with kayaks

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Lang Lang gummy critter hunt with kayaks

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Well it was a bumpy slow day on our little patch of heaven for the first of the month .I with a group of guys from Vyak were doing a gummy hunt . I arrived some time just before 7.30 am and met up with Mitch and Bruce in the car park . There were already a few on the water that were about half way across to French Island making fairly hard work of it beating into a 10 kt wind head wind
in that group were Gazza , Serge ,Hayds and steve . Lucky Jack was out and about as well I think in a group of his own

Anyway mitch bruce and myself headed down to the bluff first up and straight up with his first line in the water Bj had a gumbo around that 1.1 meter pan size fish . That was it apart from a Mitchs toad fish and I lost some baits probably to toads so a move was in order
we then headed of to Palmers channel near the red clifts where my average was not improving but Mitch learnt not to bring a knife to a gun fight - he hooked up to something on a bream rod that was a little hard to argue with only having 4lb braid on ( a note to others that may fish the area most things you hook around JJ/LL dont stop to well on light gear )
anyway the fish won and the line broke
we saw Bj with a ray flapping around the side of his yak and Mitch also had fun with a small eagle ray
I was still batting hard but still not worrying the scorers

the wind became a bit of a pain with a northerly springing up it was ok while the tide was going out but when the tide changed we had wind against tide . it was safe enough but a bugger to anchor in
the wind got up a bit more , still from the north and we headed over to the beach on FI for a while untill the wind died off a bit
then a paddle back across the bay where we met up with the rest of the gang near the bluff
I finaly got a fish a nice pan sized meter long gummy

about 2 pm maybe a bit later we headed back a few of us headed to the cleaning table I showed the guys how I skin and fillet my gummies

not a bad day out ,the wind wouldn't play the game but most of us caught gummies

My days work above
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Lang Lang gummy critter hunt with kayaks

Post by Brett » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Great job cheater :thumbsup:

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Great stuff Cheater. Enjoy your flake. Would you know if lang lang landbased has been producing anything lately? Havent been there for a while, instead trying other spots. :D Cheers
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

excellent work cheater! good dinner right there!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Return to “Shark Fishing”