help me out guys!!!

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Dano

help me out guys!!!

Post by Dano » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:22 pm

so as you all know, the past few days i have been asking questions about tld25. just got some mono for it today and a bunch of other stuff. where should i go to get my first landbased shark somewhere between port melbourne and werribee. wheres the best place? im dying to try out my first ever overhead reel.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: help out guys!!!

Post by raco09 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Best bet on a boat out in the ocean some where. id say somewhere in wpb. Not sure about ppb
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: help me out guys!!!

Post by bowl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:54 pm

You can possible get small gummys around werribee
you might wanna research ballon fishing..as a tld is mot the best for casting long distance.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:03 pm

sorry removed my post
Last edited by smile0784 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dano

Post by Dano » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:41 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Dano wrote:so as you all know, the past few days i have been asking questions about tld25. just got some mono for it today and a bunch of other stuff. where should i go to get my first landbased shark somewhere between port melbourne and werribee. wheres the best place? im dying to try out my first ever overhead reel.
im thinking going out to shark fishing at night off Corinella pier, my mate always says he's getting sharks from there and gets spooled every few trips down there, but then he's only using snapper gear, a tld 25 will probably stop anything down there
why cant all the good spots be around CBD :( corinella is too far for me

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Beaumaris pier will give you nice 7 gillers from mid April to June
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Dano wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Dano wrote:so as you all know, the past few days i have been asking questions about tld25. just got some mono for it today and a bunch of other stuff. where should i go to get my first landbased shark somewhere between port melbourne and werribee. wheres the best place? im dying to try out my first ever overhead reel.
im thinking going out to shark fishing at night off Corinella pier, my mate always says he's getting sharks from there and gets spooled every few trips down there, but then he's only using snapper gear, a tld 25 will probably stop anything down there
Not long ago a good size whaler was caught off the werribee breakwall, with a balloon and the right wind to take it out I think this would be your best option close to Melbourne.

Based on one caught there before there would be others around, and with the large amount of pinkies at the moment now would be a good time to try.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

slinga

Post by slinga » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Most likely one of the 300kg Black rays that hang around the pier/ramp/cleaning table.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 pm

You will struggle to cast it any distance, as the others have said a baloon would be your best option.
Tight lines = Good Times!

Dano

Post by Dano » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 pm

hornet wrote:
Dano wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Not long ago a good size whaler was caught off the werribee breakwall, with a balloon and the right wind to take it out I think this would be your best option close to Melbourne.

Based on one caught there before there would be others around, and with the large amount of pinkies at the moment now would be a good time to try.
isnt that place like blocked off? went there like 2 weeks ago and it was all fenced up and by ballooning do u mean this
[youtube]S02v5v09lNo[/youtube]

Return to “Shark Fishing”