BCF Fountain Gate relocation

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: BCF Fountain Gate relocation

Post by 4liters » Wed May 24, 2017 11:19 am

ducky wrote:Long story short, Rb85 took great exception to the Ifish Ep on barra being filmed in the no go zone of hazelwood.
I think the fact the local tackle stores got a bit overlooked in favour of the the big guys had something to do with it too
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed May 24, 2017 4:15 pm

His a success story paul.
People take anny chance to shoot him down ,been happening for years....

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm

bowl wrote:His a success story paul.

Prior to the Hazelwood Barra fish I used to shop at Cranbourne tackle world occasionally amongst other areas afterwards that changed actually purchased a rod a week prior.

-The night before the IFish filming Talking Fishing which is panelled by three tackle world employees or workers there was mention of the Barra early fish and that Trelly had withdrawn David Kramer stated there is no early fish and reiterated that he also had withdrawn. Check out the episode.

-The very next day Paul Worstleing and David Kramer were filming IFISH on Hazelwood Pondage without any involvement from local tackle industry personnel or the local community.

-The footage to air of the early fish when fish were caught all took place in a no boating zone that members of the public were fined for fishing. Even a member of this page mentioned that he got fined.

-Post the early fish Paul held a live webinar regarding the hazel wood Barramundi session which encouraged the public viewers to visit tackle world Cranbourne to recieve the know how on catching hazel wood barra. This happened even though Latrobe Valley has a high unemployment rate which was facing more uncertainty due to the Hazelwood closure.
There is 5 tackle stores in Morwell and Traralgon that employ local Kids and Adults who received no mention even though 1 of these businesses is a tackle world franchise.

Criticism where criticism is due simple as that the whole episode could have been done a lot better rather than a fisheries sanctioned Tackle World Cranbourne promotion.

bowl

Post by bowl » Wed May 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Mmmm really not much in that lot of reading to be really upset about.
Maybe they let paul in The no fishing zone so he would have a higher chance of catching a barra so people would visit .

If I owned tackle shop n had been granted to fish in parts of the pondage the others couldnt ,I would.

Imo

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Im not upset just stating how it is. Some people care about the local community others about themselves.
My point is the Ifish crew could have involved the local community or at least 1 local angler even if they came from the local tackle world.
There should have been more community consultation by fisheries and Pauls whole post fishing live web chat was about selling tackle not the fishery.

Now my money goes elsewhere and believe it or not I'm not on my own when it comes to this.

bowl

Post by bowl » Wed May 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Yeah for sure I can see why people could get annoyed by this .....fisheries r a funny bunch

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm

rb85 wrote:
bowl wrote:His a success story paul.

Prior to the Hazelwood Barra fish I used to shop at Cranbourne tackle world occasionally amongst other areas afterwards that changed actually purchased a rod a week prior.

-The night before the IFish filming Talking Fishing which is panelled by three tackle world employees or workers there was mention of the Barra early fish and that Trelly had withdrawn David Kramer stated there is no early fish and reiterated that he also had withdrawn. Check out the episode.

-The very next day Paul Worstleing and David Kramer were filming IFISH on Hazelwood Pondage without any involvement from local tackle industry personnel or the local community.

-The footage to air of the early fish when fish were caught all took place in a no boating zone that members of the public were fined for fishing. Even a member of this page mentioned that he got fined.

-Post the early fish Paul held a live webinar regarding the hazel wood Barramundi session which encouraged the public viewers to visit tackle world Cranbourne to recieve the know how on catching hazel wood barra. This happened even though Latrobe Valley has a high unemployment rate which was facing more uncertainty due to the Hazelwood closure.
There is 5 tackle stores in Morwell and Traralgon that employ local Kids and Adults who received no mention even though 1 of these businesses is a tackle world franchise.

Criticism where criticism is due simple as that the whole episode could have been done a lot better rather than a fisheries sanctioned Tackle World Cranbourne promotion.
completly agree.

the worse thing was we got fined in the no boating zone were as poacher paul didnt get fined.

The police told us its a no boating zone cause its "far to dangerous" for boats.

Bm

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed May 24, 2017 6:51 pm

When I went the fisheries were camped in the trees where the marker bouys were the rules should be for everyone not rules for the mass and another for knob heads who would not catch one without help.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 pm

I don't mind TF but I rarely if ever go to Tacklworld. I don't watch their shows, rather do it than watch it & I'm not into the money making rubbish.
I agree with previous comments & local should have been supported & promoted.
Personally I'd rather support (& do so where I can) the small independents.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

ChrisAbout

Post by ChrisAbout » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Talk about hijacking someone's thread.

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”