Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: What caught ur eye!!!lots of sales on

Post by Scraglor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Too much gear already.......

Kosta7

Post by Kosta7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 pm

I keep seeing all the offers from BCF and Compleatangler and honestly have no idea :oops:

Just need a spinning rod for casting lures on surf/rocks but with all these offers I know I ll end buying something totally irrelevant lol

Will head tomorrow to Dandenong to check things out

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Thinking of getting the storm gomoku combo compleat angler are advertising.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 pm

rb85 wrote:Thinking of getting the storm gomoku combo compleat angler are advertising.
well made rods the long butt is a little orkward to get use to at the start but can still get a good distance throwing soft plastics and jigheads landbased from a boat would be a top rod

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 pm

I went 2 weeks ago to compleat angler in dandy which ive shopped at for years.
My 7 year old wanted a whiting rod.
The same rod i bought for 30 bux last year was 55 that week.
Should of known a sale was comen up. Sick of all these stores prices. Can only shop there when a sale is on.

Think il join my mates and shop on ebay. The rorts these tackle shops make me winder how they survive

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:I went 2 weeks ago to compleat angler in dandy which ive shopped at for years.
Should of known a sale was comen up. Sick of all these stores prices. Can only shop there when a sale is on.

Think il join my mates and shop on ebay. The rorts these tackle shops make me winder how they survive
X2

Impulsively dropped into Compleat Angler Dandenong and came away with a 16 ft surf rod ... thought i have a good deal with the sale price ... curiously googled the rod and found it can be delivered to my door for $30 cheaper and that's not even the sale price .. the difference doesn't break the wallet but geez it hurts when you know you have been duded ... would have hurt more if had bought it at the store normal price!!!

I know it's good to support the local tackle stores and all but if MOST of them are taking you for a fool then surely can't blame us when they go banana up ... interesting to see what will happen when Amazon lands here - already had their warehouse site locked in at Dandy South.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Jay375

Post by Jay375 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Compleat Rip-Off can't believe they are still around

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:49 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:I went 2 weeks ago to compleat angler in dandy which ive shopped at for years.

Pays to always keep tabs on prices of things you're likely to buy at some stage. Half of the sale prices are garbage anyway, most on exclusive lines (the Sahara's and ballistixs of the world) that can be bought for less or close to it any day of the week with the generic line name and slight cosmetic differences...

Kosta7

Post by Kosta7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 pm

VooDoo wrote:

X2

Impulsively dropped into Compleat Angler Dandenong and came away with a 16 ft surf rod ... thought i have a good deal with the sale price ... curiously googled the rod and found it can be delivered to my door for $30 cheaper and that's not even the sale price .. the difference doesn't break the wallet but geez it hurts when you know you have been duded ... would have hurt more if had bought it at the store normal price!!!

I know it's good to support the local tackle stores and all but if MOST of them are taking you for a fool then surely can't blame us when they go banana up ... interesting to see what will happen when Amazon lands here - already had their warehouse site locked in at Dandy South.
I am planning to go there tomorrow for the 70% sale...
I am doing most of my shopping online for bits and pieces but it's hard when it comes to reels and rods. You need to have a "feel"

It's like my wife buying shoes on eBay...(wouldn't that be nice?)

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”