Melb Boat Show vs 4x4 Fishing & Boating Expo

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Melb Boat Show vs 4x4 Fishing & Boating Expo

Post by yepi'mon » Wed May 23, 2018 9:12 pm

I didn't think it was that bad at the boat show last year. You just need to know and understand what you are buying. Don't expect Stella's on sale for $20 bucks but there are some good bargains on odd bits and pieces.

For instance I got a no brand Egi cases for $5.00 each that retail at $25-30 badged under other brand names.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 am

yepi'mon wrote:I didn't think it was that bad at the boat show last year. You just need to know and understand what you are buying. Don't expect Stella's on sale for $20 bucks but there are some good bargains on odd bits and pieces.

For instance I got a no brand Egi cases for $5.00 each that retail at $25-30 badged under other brand names.
Sounds like the early bird gets the good worms at these things...didn't realise how much bigger the 4x4 expo was until I looked at the links (thanks Skouta)
P.S. Southern Sportsfishing had a few Stella's going for cost last week (dare say they are still there)...was tempted, but it's not worth a divorce

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 am

Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:I didn't think it was that bad at the boat show last year. You just need to know and understand what you are buying. Don't expect Stella's on sale for $20 bucks but there are some good bargains on odd bits and pieces.

Sounds like the early bird gets the good worms at these things...didn't realise how much bigger the 4x4 expo was until I looked at the links (thanks Skouta)
P.S. Southern Sportsfishing had a few Stella's going for cost last week (dare say they are still there)...was tempted, but it's not worth a divorce
Lol true about the divorce.
What size Stella’s?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu May 24, 2018 9:30 am

Lightningx wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Lol true about the divorce.
What size Stella’s?
Think there were a few sizes (must be a new model out?)...the 10000 caught my eye, I think it was between $700-$800

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”