Trelly's stock take sale 2019

Bugatti

Re: Trelly's stock take sale 2019

Post by Bugatti » Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm

April Fool wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:48 am
This is the last fkn thing I need! Short of money...just borrowed money to get me through to when I am back at work!!! Just dawned on me that I don't really need anything anyway! Like that has ever stopped me before!
Seb85 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:27 am
I'm thinking to get a 2000 reel with shallow spool or even 1000, to match 3-6 lb 6 ft rod with maybe 6lb braid, or 4lb even.
Around $100. Any suggestions?
Best just check it out and see what they have got. I am not sure what is available with shallow spools (is that more of a Daiwa thing rather than Shimano...I don't know) so see what they have got. Besides, you are either going to get 25 different opinions here or zero opinions cos everyone is too excited over the sale!!!
Cheers
Team Bender
Anticipating a call from Team Nagas for me to do a pickup!

Jim, Seb , , , , I live my fishing life and purchases vicariously through you guys

And yes, sift through 25 different opinions (which are valid and sound) to pick the one or two that seem to fit your idea and decision.

And yes, agree with you Seb about the resistance thing. And I do the same, put backing line AND I pack the used end of the line first so as to have fresh line on top.

res.PNG
res.PNG (89.84 KiB) Viewed 1621 times

BUT

Being not as up to the precision that you guys are after in reels, I'm a hack and fish line heavy. I look for infinite anti reverse in a reel mostly and the corresponding features of that reel are normally up to my basic standards. Notwithstanding any other feature I may be looking for , , , , budget being one of them.

BUT , , , , I do have a couple of "Long Cast" reels (which I understand and agree with) but as far as a "Shallow Spool" model , , , , what is the difference to one of those rather than a normal reel and putting backing line on or as I do, tape in some packing material to shallow the spool?

Cheers, Bugatti

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue May 28, 2019 1:05 pm

fishnut wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:22 am
Hey lx trellys is Laverton north,not a bad store have a good selection of rods
Did they take over bcf's store ?? (Fitzgerald rd )

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue May 28, 2019 1:26 pm

bowl wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:28 pm
4liters wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 am
That seems to be a fair bit better than the CA one
How so ?
More stuff on sale, better discounts.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue May 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Texas wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:05 pm
fishnut wrote:
Nah...Trellys is on Little Boundary Rd. Used to be part of the Tackle World group, but I think he's jumped off that franchise and doing it solo now. Great selection of gear, but not cheap.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue May 28, 2019 1:42 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:26 pm
bowl wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:28 pm
4liters wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 am
That seems to be a fair bit better than the CA one
How so ?
More stuff on sale, better discounts.
Mmm deabatble
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 pm

I went into the Shepp store today for a recon. Possible targets located...orange Bassman spinnerbaits and Rapala Scatter Rap Shads. The shads are only $10 now!

Seb, whilst you are correct in regards to increasing resistance from the line dragging over the spool lip, a shallow spool will not make any difference. Shallow spool...deep spool, when you cast the line starts off a couple mm's below the lip and then decreases as it goes. It will still end up with the same amount of resistance.The only advantage of a shallow spool is the reduced line capacity required.

If you are after a spool that will cast longer, the long cast spool that Bug mentioned is the answer and I don't think you will get many small reels with it. The long cast spools are shallow as well as longer from the front to the back. This keeps resistance down.

Bug, I can guarantee that if there were 25 responses, not all would be valid! Some would come in at twice the budget or for reels that are 3 times larger than what was asked for! Some people just can't help themselves...after all, they know you need a 5000 size, diesel perkins powered reel to handle them savage mountain trout!! And it isn't that easy for a beginner to sort through all the crap.

I'm with 4L...this sale is better than the CA one. More options at Trellys as in a percentage off across the store.
Cheers
Team Bender
Currently assessing my budget!

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Texas wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:05 pm
fishnut wrote:
BCF Laverton is closed, new BCF is in Hoppers Crossing. Nothing to do with Trelly's in Boundary Rd.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue May 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm
April Fool wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:48 am
This is the last fkn thing I need! Short of money...just borrowed money to get me through to when I am back at work!!! Just dawned on me that I don't really need anything anyway! Like that has ever stopped me before!
Seb85 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:27 am
I'm thinking to get a 2000 reel with shallow spool or even 1000, to match 3-6 lb 6 ft rod with maybe 6lb braid, or 4lb even.
Around $100. Any suggestions?
Best just check it out and see what they have got. I am not sure what is available with shallow spools (is that more of a Daiwa thing rather than Shimano...I don't know) so see what they have got. Besides, you are either going to get 25 different opinions here or zero opinions cos everyone is too excited over the sale!!!
Cheers
Team Bender
Anticipating a call from Team Nagas for me to do a pickup!

Jim, Seb , , , , I live my fishing life and purchases vicariously through you guys

And yes, sift through 25 different opinions (which are valid and sound) to pick the one or two that seem to fit your idea and decision.

And yes, agree with you Seb about the resistance thing. And I do the same, put backing line AND I pack the used end of the line first so as to have fresh line on top.

res.PNG

BUT

Being not as up to the precision that you guys are after in reels, I'm a hack and fish line heavy. I look for infinite anti reverse in a reel mostly and the corresponding features of that reel are normally up to my basic standards. Notwithstanding any other feature I may be looking for , , , , budget being one of them.

BUT , , , , I do have a couple of "Long Cast" reels (which I understand and agree with) but as far as a "Shallow Spool" model , , , , what is the difference to one of those rather than a normal reel and putting backing line on or as I do, tape in some packing material to shallow the spool?

Cheers, Bugatti
Jim kinda have a point.
Here's what I found just by googling up.

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishi ... ing-spool/

Mostly because it's lighter, more smooth drag (wider diameter) and line capacity.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue May 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Mornington tackle world
Screenshot_20190528-162621.jpg
Screenshot_20190528-162617.jpg
Screenshot_20190528-162619.jpg
Screenshot_20190528-162615.jpg