Sandy Breakwall?

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
Hookedon

Sandy Breakwall?

Post by Hookedon » Tue May 26, 2015 7:57 pm

A mate and I are thinking about heading to sandy Breakwall for a land based fish until we can get the boat out. Wanting to take our surf rods down and chase some snapper hopefully! Anyone got any tips about the area will also take some other rods down to chase something else is there squid? Or flick some soft plastics for flatties? Anyone got any tips or info on that wall never fished there before.

Cheers

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Sandy Breakwall?

Post by Basti » Tue May 26, 2015 9:22 pm

Don't discount the inside of the marina. I've caught plenty of pinkies inside and have seen bigger Snapper caught near the entrance

Hookedon

Post by Hookedon » Tue May 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Cheers mate so would be worth flicking some plastics around the marina? Whats the main catches around there?

Looking to target
Snapper / Pinkies
Flathead
Whitting?
Squid

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue May 26, 2015 11:40 pm

I've caught salmon and pinkies inside and outside, seen big bream swimming around and have heard of a fair few flathead caught. Also have seen guys fishing for luderick I think.

If you get a spot near the end, cast at least one rod back into the channel where the yachts enter and leave. It's relatively deep there. Watch the boats though as they give no f**KS for fishos and will spool you if they cross your lines with their keels

Hookedon

Post by Hookedon » Tue May 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks for the info mate will run the 2 surf rods either side in use in rigging them up with snapper snatchers with 4/0 hooks or better off with a running sinker rig with one 3/0 for pinkie/snapper don't know that the general size of pinkie / snapper is around thrre

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed May 27, 2015 12:23 pm

The pinkies went AWOL in the last few days in Sandy area. No squid around. The wind will pick up again. Try tomorrow and Friday.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”