Brighton Pier Report

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
walla 29

Re: Brighton Pier Report

Post by walla 29 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Is it possible to get snapper / pinkies from brighton during the day or is it something u can do during the night . Was hoping to go down on monday as I have the off and would love to get my first land based snapper.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 pm

walla 29 wrote:Is it possible to get snapper / pinkies from brighton during the day or is it something u can do during the night . Was hoping to go down on monday as I have the off and would love to get my first land based snapper.
Yes it is possible, about two years ago a large school of snapper came in and anglers at the very end of the break wall had a field day.

walla 29

Post by walla 29 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Cheers for that mate ill def have my fingers crossed a school of them to come my way even just a few pinkies would be great . The weather and conditions look f avourable so u never know just hope the water temp is a bit warmer also

Timi200

Post by Timi200 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Good luck how u get the big one

Timi200

Post by Timi200 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Good luck hope u get the big one

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:04 pm

walla 29 wrote:The weather and conditions look f avourable so u never know just hope the water temp is a bit warmer also
check out the weather forecast this weekend. Looks like snapper to me. http://www.bom.gov.au/marine/wind.shtml

Altona, Webb Dock rocks, Brighton. Mordi, Sandy, Mornington, Kerferd, Lagoon, St Kilda piers will be very exposed if the forecast holds. Snapper time!
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”