brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: brighton pier

Post by dazz999 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:47 pm

purple5ive wrote:Well done lads. The flathead will turn up in good numbers soon and they are good fun on plastics.
yep love the soft plastics fishing it awesome to fool fishing on the soft plastics i dont see a hell of alot doing it full on but Lincon probably spelt he,s name wrong but is very good at it

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm

dazz999 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Well done lads. The flathead will turn up in good numbers soon and they are good fun on plastics.
yep love the soft plastics fishing it awesome to fool fishing on the soft plastics i dont see a hell of alot doing it full on but Lincon probably spelt he,s name wrong but is very good at it
Once you have done it for a while its a lot easier and more addictive. Enjoy and right lines.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 am

dazz999 wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
dazz999 wrote:had a quick soft plastics session saturday ha put my net out to take nah not needed hooked up to a good flatty off the rocks about 35cm on a 4inch so-run joker shad was about too lift him head shake he was gone all good best is fooling them with the soft plastics heads up guys the flattys are around

I ended up catching two flathead after we met up. Both on the 3 inch zman paddle tail. Got a heap of other bites that I missed that I suspect were Pinkies. I also saved a seagull from a disposed baited hook. Crap weather but good time fishing.
good well done did you get them where i said

One at the end and one a little along the rocks on the inside dock area. I've got some smaller slim swimz that I am going to try out too.

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:30 pm

LINwAd wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
LINwAd wrote:
dazz999 wrote:had a quick soft plastics session saturday ha put my net out to take nah not needed hooked up to a good flatty off the rocks about 35cm on a 4inch so-run joker shad was about too lift him head shake he was gone all good best is fooling them with the soft plastics heads up guys the flattys are around

I ended up catching two flathead after we met up. Both on the 3 inch zman paddle tail. Got a heap of other bites that I missed that I suspect were Pinkies. I also saved a seagull from a disposed baited hook. Crap weather but good time fishing.
good well done did you get them where i said

One at the end and one a little along the rocks on the inside dock area. I've got some smaller slim swimz that I am going to try out too.
the slim swimz work very well had good results with the 3.5 size

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:51 pm

okay some days you win some you dont anyway about 3 weeks ago spotted a good flatty i will underestimate at mid 40s threw a few soft plastics at it no interest at all i/2 cm infront of it,s mouth at one stage sat the plastic on it,s back next session still no interest today went down on hightide bang on felt the weight for a short time but did not sink the jighead home allgood moved further down the rocks put on a 4inch sorun paddletail 1st cast bang some interest 3 casts later bang on set the hook on hit hard with some weight thought pinky nope damm big flatty this thing was solid was stripping line normally im good shimano nano xt rod 6lb braid 12lb fc rock leader but i was in trouble said to the guys next to me can you go the net of the guy 15 meters away by the time he had got there the flatty damm dirty fighter had got my leader rubbed threw on the rocks under the water i have caught some good flattys this was a really solid one

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 am

How big do you reken it was?
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:06 am

LINwAd wrote:How big do you reken it was?
As big as a kraken.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:32 am

Did you actually see the fish, flathead generally aren't that dirty of fighters and on 12lb should have been a keeper..
but in saying that i have noticed a substantial amount of bigger models (40-50cm) being caught recently in PPB.
better luck next time...

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 pm

purple5ive wrote:Did you actually see the fish, flathead generally aren't that dirty of fighters and on 12lb should have been a keeper..
but in saying that i have noticed a substantial amount of bigger models (40-50cm) being caught recently in PPB.
better luck next time...
nah steve didnt see the flatty but we all know how they hit the plastics and how they fight my best flatty landbased is 69cm at sandy casting under the boats this flatty i think was bigger i was slowly getting line back and bringing it up too the surface as for dirty fighter it just used the rocks to sheer the braid at the end of brighton there its all underwater rocks i thought about it there was nothing else i could do but i think this season will be awesome for flattys

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Ahh yeah at 70cm they go pretty hard. So possible a big girl. Or only other culprit would be a jewie.. but they fight different to flathead

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”