brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
LINwAd

Re: brighton pier

Post by LINwAd » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:39 pm

dazz999 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Did you actually see the fish, flathead generally aren't that dirty of fighters and on 12lb should have been a keeper..
but in saying that i have noticed a substantial amount of bigger models (40-50cm) being caught recently in PPB.
better luck next time...
nah steve didnt see the flatty but we all know how they hit the plastics and how they fight my best flatty landbased is 69cm at sandy casting under the boats this flatty i think was bigger i was slowly getting line back and bringing it up too the surface as for dirty fighter it just used the rocks to sheer the braid at the end of brighton there its all underwater rocks i thought about it there was nothing else i could do but i think this season will be awesome for flattys
For sure. some big ones are around there. I have lost a few big ones to the rocks there!
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:54 pm

ahhhh well might just have to come down and show you guys how its done :-D :-D :-D

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:25 pm

purple5ive wrote:ahhhh well might just have to come down and show you guys how its done :-D :-D :-D
done pick a day

yearoftheroos

Post by yearoftheroos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm going to have a crack tomorrow morning looking forward to it

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am

dazz999 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:ahhhh well might just have to come down and show you guys how its done :-D :-D :-D
done pick a day
ill see when i can be available mate and post here. cheers

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am

yearoftheroos wrote:I'm going to have a crack tomorrow morning looking forward to it
good luck mate. let us know how you go..

yearoftheroos

Post by yearoftheroos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:34 am

purple5ive wrote:
yearoftheroos wrote:I'm going to have a crack tomorrow morning looking forward to it
good luck mate. let us know how you go..
I went early morning with my son but its difficult to be too mobile with him around, so he spent the hour trying to hook a puffer fish, which h e loved. I went back around 3 and stayed for an hour and half. About 3.45 started getting a few bites but once all the yachts started heading back in it all dried up. Might head back this arvo

yearoftheroos

Post by yearoftheroos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm

So I went back again today, hard work fishing soft plastics with the wind blowing my lure straight into the rocks. Changed to a bigger jig only helped a little. Went to the end of the rock wall and a guy was fishing for Gars and throwing out a bit of berley. So I fished his trail for about 20 minutes and pulled in a nice Flatty maybe 25 cm. My first land based fish I believe. About 10 minutes later pulled in another a touch smaller. After that a couple of massive hits that I couldn't hook. Felt different to the flathead strikes, wish i could've hooked one.

Some great advice on here thanks to everyone.
Last edited by yearoftheroos on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Nice work mate. Congrats on your first lb fish :thumbsup:

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am

Might have been salmon mate. I saw a school of them swim past just before the breakwall, lots of silver flashes but they wouldn't take my plastic. Then these swimmers came through from under the pier and the school disappeared. Hooked up to a big ray though, busted off obviously.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”