brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Re: brighton pier

Post by tbcha1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm
Oh ok, not who I thought. I was at the end of the concrete pier where the rock wall starts. Haha yeah that could have been me with the ray, some swimmers were coming in roughly where it was running off to so I locked up my drag and it eventually came up to the surface and was splashing around, was pretty funny. I saw some guys get some flatties behind me but not sure about any keepers. Need to plan where to head next weekend, half tempted to get my first blank of the year at the warmies out the way lol
haha it was you who he was talking about for sure then cause he said it was the guys at the end. I only fished at the concrete part for around 5mins when i was heading back to the car. I was at the part near the under cover hut thing.

How do you know when they release the hot waters at the warmies? next good day i think ill be going back to Martha rocks again or back on the yak

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:16 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 pm
yep they swim every morning
ahh k thanks for the info. Ill just plan better on where i setup next time im down there now that i know.

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am

tbcha1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:13 pm
Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm
Oh ok, not who I thought. I was at the end of the concrete pier where the rock wall starts. Haha yeah that could have been me with the ray, some swimmers were coming in roughly where it was running off to so I locked up my drag and it eventually came up to the surface and was splashing around, was pretty funny. I saw some guys get some flatties behind me but not sure about any keepers. Need to plan where to head next weekend, half tempted to get my first blank of the year at the warmies out the way lol
haha it was you who he was talking about for sure then cause he said it was the guys at the end. I only fished at the concrete part for around 5mins when i was heading back to the car. I was at the part near the under cover hut thing.

How do you know when they release the hot waters at the warmies? next good day i think ill be going back to Martha rocks again or back on the yak
It's a weird one, sometimes you get a tip off from a local, sometimes you just hear about it on facebook, but if it's on, regardless of the fish that could be there I avoid it like the plague due to the crowds. Not sure if I was vocal enough to anyone who crossed my line at the weekend(!) but I FKN hate fishing shoulder to shoulder with loads of people lol. I only fish the main channel for that reason and even that gets crowded as. But I kind of like it there because it can be so hard, it gives a good challenge and makes you think more about fine tuning lure presentation and what you're doing wrong. I really want a jewie out of there (/anywhere haha) so usually have a heavy baitcast set up with me when I go. Ah I haven't got a yak yet man, hanging to get one to avoid the crowds! The rocks are an epic spot, love it there. Looks like a bit of rain though this weekend so I'm not sure about clambering down that hill to get to the sweet spot haha.

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:16 am

dazz999 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am
tbcha1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:54 am
Expomnowcon wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:09 am
I was there yesterday too, tons of rays, toadies, pinkies and aforementioned ******** swimmers. Cracked it too at a couple of flogs who pretty much sat on my lap and kept crossing my lines when they cottoned on there was a bit of (not ideal) action where I was... All in all not the best day but a lovely spot to spend a morning none the less
yeah was a great day in the morning to go out fishing
i was more annoyed that they just sat out there talking when they could have done that further up. Alot harder for me to move around on the rocks. Was using lures so didnt phase me as much them swimming by but i can see how it be annoying if you were using bait and the ones swimming right up close to the rocks instead of a bit further out.
The guys right at the end seemed to be doing ok. They also didnt have swimmers annoying them as they were casting inside towards the land.

Did u catch much in the end?
Nothing for the table mate, was out with my 2 brother in laws (who don't fish normally) so spent a lot of time with them setting up their rods changing lures etc.. Just rays and pinkies for me, was a bit annoyed/surprised we didn't get any squid and I couldn't tempt any of the massive salmon (seriously biggest I've seen in the flesh!) that swam past with a lure. I saw the swimmers stopping behind me and moaning that nobody warned them about the lines... They almost copped it as well, I'd just lost it at one guy before that haha but thought the guy speaking to them was handling it ok. Were you the dude in a daiwa shirt?
ye ha salmon now there fun on light gear i will be going down on the weekend
Mate there were some absolute donkeys swimming along the rock wall easily around the 2 foot mark! I got excited and thought they were kingies at first haha but would still definitely settle for a big sambo on light gear. Tuna burley seemed to bringthem and a few other species in close so maybe have a couple of hanfduls of that of that in your locker! They didn't hang around long but it's well worth giving it a go.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:00 pm

P1040180 (800x600).jpg
so i went out for my first garfish session for this year not many but a good size beat my pb by 1cm now have to beat 41cm picked up the bream 33cm hooked up on a much bigger easily over 40cm but could,nt lift it up onto the pier line snapped great fight and glad it got away that size deseves to fight another day i never take a net when garfishing no need

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Nice work Dazz...was it busy over Easter?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:14 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:00 pm
P1040180 (800x600).jpgso i went out for my first garfish session for this year not many but a good size beat my pb by 1cm now have to beat 41cm picked up the bream 33cm hooked up on a much bigger easily over 40cm but could,nt lift it up onto the pier line snapped great fight and glad it got away that size deseves to fight another day i never take a net when garfishing no need
Nice catch dazz! Good to see someone catching some gars. They look decent size as well. Nice bream too :thumbsup:

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Nice work Dazz...was it busy over Easter?
nope that was today low tide only seen about 5 fishos i had the whole pier to myself got to love the start of winter thank,s Mattblack

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:14 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:00 pm
P1040180 (800x600).jpgso i went out for my first garfish session for this year not many but a good size beat my pb by 1cm now have to beat 41cm picked up the bream 33cm hooked up on a much bigger easily over 40cm but could,nt lift it up onto the pier line snapped great fight and glad it got away that size deseves to fight another day i never take a net when garfishing no need
Nice catch dazz! Good to see someone catching some gars. They look decent size as well. Nice bream too :thumbsup:
thank,s mate i think a 41cm gar,s awesome down this way have not seen many that size caught in the last 5yrs there are some big thick one,s down here as for bream i dont target them to smart for me but caught a cracker last year got to love float fishing

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Sun May 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Brighton pier 5/5/2019
Wife had to work, so I went fishing to Brighton pier. Wind was predicted 18 kmh sw, but I reckon it was blowing 25 kmh.

Time : 1 PM - 5 PM
Hight tide : 3:45 PM
Weather : cloudy 17 degrees 25 kmh sw wind
Moon : 1% after new moon
Barometer : 1023 and dropping
Bait/lure/rig : various squid jigs, pipis on paternoster rig 1/0 KL with beads and tube
Rod and reel : Shimano raider 2-4 kg with stradic fk 8lb braid 10 lb fluorocarbon leader for squid jigs. Daiwa Tierra 2-8lb nibble tip rod 10 lb fluorocarbon for whitings on bait

Water was a bit discoloured. No bite til around 3 PM. Few nibbles here and there. No squid. 6x puffs and 1x very small kgw.
Attachments
rps20190505_184036.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”