Re: brighton pier

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:34 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 pm
Anyone fished for squid or gar there recently?? Also is the beach there clean and good to keep a feed from or is it a bit like port melbourne(people was saying the water was a bit discoloured).... Thanks!
Dazz has caught some gars from there recently mate.
When I catch squid, gars, salmons flatties from there I usually always keep for a feed :)
Thanks!! It would be nice to keep some fish for a feed since i don't really like keeping fish from the city that much. Do the squid bit there during the day or is night best?
I have caught them really late arvo and also into the night mate.
From in front of the baths on the left and also off the rocks further down :)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:49 pm

I had gars once
I didn't think.they had much flavor

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Everyone is different I guess.
I absolutely love to eat them :P

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Thank you guys for the info!

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Anyone having any luck lately? I've been putting in the hours recently but still no dice. Was there this morning, whole place to myself which was nice but nothing more than a nibble. I was fishing plastics on the inside of the breakwall towards the boats, too windy to fish the other side. Mainly Z-Man grubs with pro-cure scent on them, covered the whole inside twice doing 3 fanning casts and twitch-twitch-pause retrieve.
Anyone know plastics or times of day that do well at brighton? Real keen to catch a fish because brighton pier is closest to me but the place where i've caught the least fish.
Hopefully I can get onto something soon, next weekends weather looks good so heres hoping :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:04 pm

I don’t think there is any thing wrong with your technique mate :) should be some flatties around maybe some salmons and pinkies as well if fishing later into the afternoon!
What times of the day have you been fishing?
Hopefully you get onto some fish soon!
Cheers :thumbsup:

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:04 pm
I don’t think there is any thing wrong with your technique mate :) should be some flatties around maybe some salmons and pinkies as well if fishing later into the afternoon!
This morning I fished from 9-11am, most of my other sessions usually around 4-7pm, every so often I fish midday/early afternoon as well. Usually when I go is dictated by when high tide is. Would love some flatties or pinkies, hopefully they start showing up with the warmer weather

Cheers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:37 pm

croe04 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Lightningx wrote:
This morning I fished from 9-11am, most of my other sessions usually around 4-7pm, every so often I fish midday/early afternoon as well. Usually when I go is dictated by when high tide is. Would love some flatties or pinkies, hopefully they start showing up with the warmer weather

Cheers
They will definitely be around in numbers in the coming months mate. If you keep going I’m sure you will get onto some soon!
Good luck :)

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:08 pm

croe04 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Cheers
Hey buddy fishing is crap at brighton at the moment like every time of the year .You will catch some good flatty,s once the water temp pick,s up maybe three week,s as for soft plastic,s squidgy wriggler 120mm pumpkin seed if you want send me a pm in a couple of week,s and can meet up for some tip,s

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:22 pm

croe04 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Cheers
A couple hours either side of low tide is the go for flatties. But yeah it should start picking up everywhere over the next couple of weeks, i’ve fished 3 times the past few days and got nothing but undersize fish and a banjo haha. Keep on it

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”