brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Re: brighton pier

Post by Expomnowcon » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:09 am

I was there yesterday too, tons of rays, toadies, pinkies and aforementioned ******** swimmers. Cracked it too at a couple of flogs who pretty much sat on my lap and kept crossing my lines when they cottoned on there was a bit of (not ideal) action where I was... All in all not the best day but a lovely spot to spend a morning none the less

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:54 am

Expomnowcon wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:09 am
I was there yesterday too, tons of rays, toadies, pinkies and aforementioned ******** swimmers. Cracked it too at a couple of flogs who pretty much sat on my lap and kept crossing my lines when they cottoned on there was a bit of (not ideal) action where I was... All in all not the best day but a lovely spot to spend a morning none the less
yeah was a great day in the morning to go out fishing
i was more annoyed that they just sat out there talking when they could have done that further up. Alot harder for me to move around on the rocks. Was using lures so didnt phase me as much them swimming by but i can see how it be annoying if you were using bait and the ones swimming right up close to the rocks instead of a bit further out.
The guys right at the end seemed to be doing ok. They also didnt have swimmers annoying them as they were casting inside towards the land.

Did u catch much in the end?

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:56 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:53 pm
give it a shot at brighton still a lot of small pinky,s around as with everywhere tip superglue your softplastic on so you dont get pant,s but there are some bigger fish around
great tip never seen it before but will use in the future thank,s buddy

Check out this video on a tip on not getting pantsed without using superglue. Only con is you are kind of locked in to using the one lure and it kinda wrecks it a bit if u do try to change

https://youtu.be/0SRRle0C1QE

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:11 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:54 am
Expomnowcon wrote:
i was more annoyed that they just sat out there talking when they could have done that further up. Alot harder for me to move around on the rocks. Was using lures so didnt phase me as much them swimming by but i can see how it be annoying if you were using bait and the ones swimming right up close to the rocks instead of a bit further out.
The guys right at the end seemed to be doing ok. They also didnt have swimmers annoying them as they were casting inside towards the land.

arr the swimmer,s they have two courses they swim it,s a distance thing last year i was fishing for gars so berlying up pretty hard at the start i tend to use a fair bit of tuna oil so berly hard a the start then ease right off once the gar,s appear anyway was berlying up and could see a swimmer 30 metre,s she could see me but she still decided to swim a metre away from the pier and not deviate from her course she did,nt seem to like the scoop of tuna oil and breadcrumbs dont know why it was a fantastic mix

tbcha1

Post by tbcha1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:11 pm
arr the swimmer,s they have two courses they swim it,s a distance thing last year i was fishing for gars so berlying up pretty hard at the start i tend to use a fair bit of tuna oil so berly hard a the start then ease right off once the gar,s appear anyway was berlying up and could see a swimmer 30 metre,s she could see me but she still decided to swim a metre away from the pier and not deviate from her course she did,nt seem to like the scoop of tuna oil and breadcrumbs dont know why it was a fantastic mix
haha wish i did have some burley for the 3 that was sitting in front of me wading and chatting.
Do they swim there all the time? Second time ive been to brighton

Expomnowcon

Post by Expomnowcon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am

tbcha1 wrote:
Expomnowcon wrote:

Nothing for the table mate, was out with my 2 brother in laws (who don't fish normally) so spent a lot of time with them setting up their rods changing lures etc.. Just rays and pinkies for me, was a bit annoyed/surprised we didn't get any squid and I couldn't tempt any of the massive salmon (seriously biggest I've seen in the flesh!) that swam past with a lure. I saw the swimmers stopping behind me and moaning that nobody warned them about the lines... They almost copped it as well, I'd just lost it at one guy before that haha but thought the guy speaking to them was handling it ok. Were you the dude in a daiwa shirt?

tbcha1

Post by tbcha1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am

Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am

Nothing for the table mate, was out with my 2 brother in laws (who don't fish normally) so spent a lot of time with them setting up their rods changing lures etc.. Just rays and pinkies for me, was a bit annoyed/surprised we didn't get any squid and I couldn't tempt any of the massive salmon (seriously biggest I've seen in the flesh!) that swam past with a lure. I saw the swimmers stopping behind me and moaning that nobody warned them about the lines... They almost copped it as well, I'd just lost it at one guy before that haha but thought the guy speaking to them was handling it ok. Were you the dude in a daiwa shirt?
no, i was wearing a Telstra cap probably stands out considering the crap service we been giving lately haha
i fished mainly along the rock area from 630 till around 830am. Stayed near the bend of the rock area bit for a while near the end.

i spoke to a guy who was fishing near the start of the pier at the end of the bathes i think that part is called. He said someone hooked onto a huge ray and when it was released it scared the crap out of the swimmers haha wish i was there to see it
He said he dropped a squid and a guy caught a couple of decent ones next to him

Expomnowcon

Post by Expomnowcon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Oh ok, not who I thought. I was at the end of the concrete pier where the rock wall starts. Haha yeah that could have been me with the ray, some swimmers were coming in roughly where it was running off to so I locked up my drag and it eventually came up to the surface and was splashing around, was pretty funny. I saw some guys get some flatties behind me but not sure about any keepers. Need to plan where to head next weekend, half tempted to get my first blank of the year at the warmies out the way lol

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:11 pm
haha wish i did have some burley for the 3 that was sitting in front of me wading and chatting.
Do they swim there all the time? Second time ive been to brighton
yep they swim every morning

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Expomnowcon wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am
tbcha1 wrote:
Expomnowcon wrote:

ye ha salmon now there fun on light gear i will be going down on the weekend

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”