Sea Lice

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Sea Lice

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Kenle wrote:Geezus, if they are the same sea lice as the ones from Queenscliff then i wouldnt be surprised. Had a silver whiting on a squid prong too deep few times there and when i inspected the bait there was literaly bones and dozens of these creepy lice things falling off it like in scary movies. I only know of 2 types of lice, the greeny onesnthat are flat n hang on seaweeds and the ones from queenscliff that are more like maggots and slice through bait like silverfish through cloths. Getting chills from this
Good theme for a movie
Stay out of the water "lice"

Gra

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Texas wrote:
Kenle wrote:Geezus, if they are the same sea lice as the ones from Queenscliff then i wouldnt be surprised. Had a silver whiting on a squid prong too deep few times there and when i inspected the bait there was literaly bones and dozens of these creepy lice things falling off it like in scary movies. I only know of 2 types of lice, the greeny onesnthat are flat n hang on seaweeds and the ones from queenscliff that are more like maggots and slice through bait like silverfish through cloths. Getting chills from this
Good theme for a movie

Gra
There's already a movie along those lines.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Texas

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:43 pm

4liters wrote:
Texas wrote:
Good theme for a movie

Gra
Only you would know

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:46 pm

bilby wrote:Hmm, there's something odd about this story. Yes, sea lice will strip a flesh bait in no time, but has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone before? They are super common in Port Phillip Bay - if they were a problem, wouldn't some of our flounder fishers have reported this kind of issue? Some beaches are commonly covered in these things, but do they really attack humans in this way? Interesting if so.
If you are after flounder, some people will wear waders, and they are also moving around, not standing still. So I suspect the lice are less likely to attack, unless you walk into a big group/swarm of them.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Texas wrote:
4liters wrote:
Texas wrote:
Good theme for a movie

Gra
Only you would know
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bay_(film))
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Texas

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 pm

4liters wrote:
Texas wrote:
4liters wrote:
Texas wrote:
Good theme for a movie

Gra
Only you would know
Next you'll be telling me that cows you've artificially inceminated will turn on you.
Udder madness

Gra

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bay_(film))

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Mystery solved
And yes, anticoagulant in the bites probably

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-0 ... fmredir=sm

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”