brighton flathead

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: brighton flathead

Post by Lightningx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 pm

barwonboy wrote:yesterday i went out again to brighton with dad. we launched at around 5:45 and the water was glassy. about 10 seconds into the ride i spotted a school of salmon busting up. we drifted in crystal clear water and threw metals for around 40 minutes. the water was so clear you could see the salmon attack the lure. we then went out to the 9 meter mark and drifted for flathead. we ended up with 15 keeper flathead but we dropped alot. i got my pb flathead which was 47cm. it was a great day and a even better feed. :water:
Sounds like a nice day on the water.
Good catch also :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 am

went out to brighton again last weekend with dad. i havent been out on the boat for a while because our motor and batery have been playing up. now that the motors fixed ill be out on the water more often. we got to the boat ramp a bit late at around 9 am, we trawled for salmon in the 6 meter mark for a while but had no luck. we then went out to the 9 meter mark and drifted for hours.we used chicken as bait ended up with 24 keeper flathead and around 30 undersized ones that were realesed.i also caught my first flathead on a lure and i used a blade. had great fun and also had a great feed. :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 am

Sounds like a nice day on the water with a good feed of flatties mate.
I was also out in 5 metres of water last weekend with the missus and managed a nice feed of flatties not far from where you guys got yours. Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am

Lightningx wrote:Sounds like a nice day on the water with a good feed of flatties mate.
I was also out in 5 metres of water last weekend with the missus and managed a nice feed of flatties not far from where you guys got yours. Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:
yeah mate its great fun :victory:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:12 am

barwonboy wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Sounds like a nice day on the water with a good feed of flatties mate.
Yep. Did you manage to get any good size ones? We got some in the low to mid 40s but the majority were in the mid 30s range.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:31 am

Lightningx wrote:
barwonboy wrote:
Yep. Did you manage to get any good size ones? We got some in the low to mid 40s but the majority were in the mid 30s range.
ours were all around 30-40 cm, i hooked onto something good but it snapped me off

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 pm

landbased alot of good 40cm + flattys caught on softplastics

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”