Brighton Soft Plastics Session

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Brighton Soft Plastics Session

Post by wem21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 pm

hi all!
I braved the weather and Went to the brighton breakwater at around 6pm today. Flicked a 2.5inch Zman GrubZ in motor oil colour for about an hour and a half. Ended up with a decent pinky which busted itself off just as it came into view. Apart from the rain it was good fun, and im still chasing that first LB flatty on SPs with no luck :L
Cheers

rodderslw

Re: Brighton Soft Plastics Session

Post by rodderslw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 pm

wem21 wrote:hi all!
I braved the weather and Went to the brighton breakwater at around 6pm today. Flicked a 2.5inch Zman GrubZ in motor oil colour for about an hour and a half. Ended up with a decent pinky which busted itself off just as it came into view. Apart from the rain it was good fun, and im still chasing that first LB flatty on SPs with no luck :L
Cheers
Well done. Better pinkie fishing when the weather is overcast and a bit of on shore wind. For flatties and pinkies i have had more success on bigger z mans lime the 4inch curlz i think its a bigger profile for the flatties to zero in on when you lift it up off the bottom.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 am

Cheers
Good work mate. Always great to get a pinkie on a plastic.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 am

You keep going like that and I’m sure it won’t be long before you get your first flattie! Good luck :thumbsup:

wem21

Post by wem21 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 pm

rodderslw wrote:
Cheers
Well done. Better pinkie fishing when the weather is overcast and a bit of on shore wind. For flatties and pinkies i have had more success on bigger z mans lime the 4inch curlz i think its a bigger profile for the flatties to zero in on when you lift it up off the bottom.
What colour did you use?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Good try mate

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Cheers
you should get a flathead at brighton without much difficulty.
if your retrieve isnt working, then try using a heavier jighead like a 1/4oz and slow rolling the plastic back to you in such a way that the plastic is basically dragging along the bottom, not hopping

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:29 pm

wem21 wrote:
rodderslw wrote:
Cheers
What colour did you use?
For the zman curly tailz 4inch i like Bad shad, houdini and bloodworm. Also like the Berkley powerbait nemesis and the gulp turtle back worm catches most things.

wem21

Post by wem21 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 am

rodderslw wrote:
wem21 wrote:
rodderslw wrote:
Cheers
What colour did you use?
For the zman curly tailz 4inch i like Bad shad, houdini and bloodworm. Also like the Berkley powerbait nemesis and the gulp turtle back worm catches most things.
Ive heard 100% good things about those colours

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”