Brighton breakwall

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Brighton breakwall

Post by wem21 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Went out there from 2:30 to 5:30, fished the whole breakwall up and down for a few hits but no hookups. A couple of Asian fishos using insanely long rods and floats caught a few nice pinkies at round 30cm. I was using some zman paddle tails on a 1/4oz jighead, slow rolling it along the bottom with a few pauses and flicks thrown in.
Cheers

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Brighton breakwall

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Bugger mate
Thats bad luck

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:40 pm

wem21 wrote:Went out there from 2:30 to 5:30, fished the whole breakwall up and down for a few hits but no hookups. A couple of Asian fishos using insanely long rods and floats caught a few nice pinkies at round 30cm. I was using some zman paddle tails on a 1/4oz jighead, slow rolling it along the bottom with a few pauses and flicks thrown in.
Cheers
Good work getting out there. I may be going there tomorrow morning.

When you are getting hits but no hook ups try using a smaller plastic like a slim swim 2.5inch or curly tail grub with a smaller hook size to match.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Sooner or later you will get some. Just keep trying.
Better luck next time.

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:45 am

Maybe those guys were using those rods/poles they use for Ayu fishing in Japan?
That's the second time I've read here about pinkies caught by float fisherman. Thought snapper were a bottom feeder. Or are they fishing shallow water with the bait near the bottom and the floats the strike indicator. Interesting way to catch them either way.
Better luck next time mate, at least you got hits. About all I've been getting lately too, a few decent hookups but none staying connected. Good advice above :thumbsup: , drop the size of the gear. That's my plan next outing, my smokers getting lonely :-D

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 am

Brownie wrote:Maybe those guys were using those rods/poles they use for Ayu fishing in Japan?
That's the second time I've read here about pinkies caught by float fisherman. Thought snapper were a bottom feeder. Or are they fishing shallow water with the bait near the bottom and the floats the strike indicator. Interesting way to catch them either way.
Better luck next time mate, at least you got hits. About all I've been getting lately too, a few decent hookups but none staying connected. Good advice above :thumbsup: , drop the size of the gear. That's my plan next outing, my smokers getting lonely :-D
Nah, they were fishing at the end of the breakwall witha float, then 15-20cm of line and then a bait. Dad tried some topwater lures seeing as they were hitting the baits on the surface but didnt catch anything

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”