Sandringham - 28/07 - AM

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Sandringham - 28/07 - AM

Post by dazz999 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:Well Saturday mornings forecast looked for a good morning to get out and wet the line, the tides weren't in favor but as the NT advertisement goes... "You'll never never know, if you never never go". Now I'm, not usually a fan of the Sandringham YC wall, mainly because the parking their is $$$ , so I was pretty rapt to see an 'Out of Order' on the terminal panel when I arrived. This could be a good omen I thought....

Moving down onto the rockwall I was very pleased to see a good wealth of bird activity straight out from the yacht club, probably about 200 mtrs. A good 100+ birds divebombing the water for 30mins. Now I know you boaties probably get that all the time, but us land based folk don't get the opportunity all that often. So quickly I rig up the two big rods, both with pillies, and hoist them out as far as I can go....and set and wait.... meanwhile I also go light nearer to the rocky structures with a tiddler rod and fresh mussels... set and wait...

Without drawing out the inevitable conclusion..let just say I waited three hours, without a single bite. There are worse ways of spending a Saturday morning, but geez, a bite or two would've been nice. So all in all, a very poor result on what was a very fine looking morning.
tldr; Sandringham, 3 hours, no bites.

Sandringham YC Rockwall
Arr: 7.30
Low tide
Wind: 0
Catch: 0
full moon sucks for fishing good for squid

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:43 pm

yea Forgot it was a full moon. That might have had something to do with it :)

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:24 am

any fishing update on black rock jetty fishing?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:56 am

Got some squid off there recently. Guys casting from the rockwall from the car park were getting a few pinkies.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”