Brighton Pier and BreakWall Tips

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
LachyBell

Brighton Pier and BreakWall Tips

Post by LachyBell » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi All,
Just Regarding some tips on Brighton I fished there with my mates and we landed 15 small pinkie on Barracuda as Bait. I’m Heading down again and was just wondering what other species can be caught from the marina side of the pier, I’m bringing burley and lures and pilchards.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Brighton Pier and BreakWall Tips

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi mate, I’ve caught flatties, salmons and kgw before from the mentioned area :)

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Lightningx wrote:Hi mate, I’ve caught flatties, salmons and kgw before from the mentioned area :)
Did you need burley for the salmon and KGW

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:28 pm

burley = fish on the plate

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi guys, been out of the salt action for a while. But about 6 months ago, yeah here I go on sale at Anaconda again :-D I got a few little cage type berely things that you use instead of a sinker. Not big by any means and only cost at the time $2 I think, full price was $4 or $5 for two. They make sense but as yet I've not used them. Has anyone tried these? They seemed logical at the time. :-D

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 pm

LachyBell wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Hi mate, I’ve caught flatties, salmons and kgw before from the mentioned area :)
Did you need burley for the salmon and KGW
No I didn’t but it would help!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Brownie wrote:Hi guys, been out of the salt action for a while. But about 6 months ago, yeah here I go on sale at Anaconda again :-D I got a few little cage type berely things that you use instead of a sinker. Not big by any means and only cost at the time $2 I think, full price was $4 or $5 for two. They make sense but as yet I've not used them. Has anyone tried these? They seemed logical at the time. :-D
I think I know what you mean by these but do you happen to have a pic of it? :)

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 am

Lightningx wrote:
Brownie wrote:Hi guys, been out of the salt action for a while. But about 6 months ago, yeah here I go on sale at Anaconda again :-D I got a few little cage type berely things that you use instead of a sinker. Not big by any means and only cost at the time $2 I think, full price was $4 or $5 for two. They make sense but as yet I've not used them. Has anyone tried these? They seemed logical at the time. :-D
:-D Actually, stupid me, there is a picture at the top of the packet showing it sitting above a sinker with the suggested rig type to use. I'll try them one day.
IMG_20190125_092832_722.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37 am

Brownie wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
:-D Actually, stupid me, there is a picture at the top of the packet showing it sitting above a sinker with the suggested rig type to use. I'll try them one day.
ah yes I thought it would be these ones. yea I have used them in the past before and they do work :)

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:41 am

Lightningx wrote:
Brownie wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
ah yes I thought it would be these ones. yea I have used them in the past before and they do work :)
Good one. They made sense when I saw them.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”