MyMordi Pier fishing report and warning as well

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
viclovesfish

Re: MyMordi Pier fishing report and warning as well

Post by viclovesfish » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 pm

CanuckDownUnder wrote:I'm realising that I've been very lucky. I only have 1 mate who likes to fish and he's down Werribee way so most of the time I'm on my own, on a pier, with my gear spread out all over the place. I've had some drunks approach me but, luckily, they've all been harmless.

When I imagine this scenario of 5 drunk teens harassing and yelling at a fisho on a pier, I am presuming viclovesfish is not white. It's a shame but I can only picture this happening to someone who is brown or Asian. If I'm right, bullying + racism even more shameful.
Yes you are correct, Before I came 2 Australia 3 yrs ago , I already prepared myself that this might happen, It's funny tho that from Monday to friday I wear suit and tie, and never get the same bullying and disrespectful attitude from drunk kids in the train. some People judge quickly by what u wear and by ur color. I also have 2 jobs which meant I pay my taxes to help the country ( i work for big corporation.. not bragging) so all tax gets deducted automatic.... some Asians may have bad reputation of doing unlawful stuff, but not all. I always try my best to know the rules and follow it.
But like what I said before these are drunk teens, i don't mind them talking bull they don't know me anyway,and nothing harm done thank goodness,... so yes I'm asian, with a Bachelors degree in Accounting taking my CPA, may look stupid and dumb to others... I find fishing therapeutic and loving it,,, but when I'm fishing I like my smelly fishing outfit and looking like a beggar... this is how I like it,..

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:17 pm

viclovesfish wrote:
CanuckDownUnder wrote:I'm realising that I've been very lucky. I only have 1 mate who likes to fish and he's down Werribee way so most of the time I'm on my own, on a pier, with my gear spread out all over the place. I've had some drunks approach me but, luckily, they've all been harmless.

When I imagine this scenario of 5 drunk teens harassing and yelling at a fisho on a pier, I am presuming viclovesfish is not white. It's a shame but I can only picture this happening to someone who is brown or Asian. If I'm right, bullying + racism even more shameful.
Yes you are correct, Before I came 2 Australia 3 yrs ago , I already prepared myself that this might happen, It's funny tho that from Monday to friday I wear suit and tie, and never get the same bullying and disrespectful attitude from drunk kids in the train. some People judge quickly by what u wear and by ur color. I also have 2 jobs which meant I pay my taxes to help the country ( i work for big corporation.. not bragging) so all tax gets deducted automatic.... some Asians may have bad reputation of doing unlawful stuff, but not all. I always try my best to know the rules and follow it.
But like what I said before these are drunk teens, i don't mind them talking bull they don't know me anyway,and nothing harm done thank goodness,... so yes I'm asian, with a Bachelors degree in Accounting taking my CPA, may look stupid and dumb to others... I find fishing therapeutic and loving it,,, but when I'm fishing I like my smelly fishing outfit and looking like a beggar... this is how I like it,..
Well said!!
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:08 pm

[quote="CanuckDownUnder"]I'm realising that I've been very lucky. I only have 1 mate who likes to fish and he's down Werribee way so most of the time I'm on my own, on a pier, with my gear spread out all over the place. I've had some drunks approach me but, luckily, they've all been harmless.

When I imagine this scenario of 5 drunk teens harassing and yelling at a fisho on a pier, I am presuming viclovesfish is not white. It's a shame but I can only picture this happening to someone who is brown or Asian. If I'm right, bullying + racism even more shameful.[/quote

I am third generation white Australian and have also been racial attacked.
when a pack of people with drug an alchol in their system they can target anyone from disabled to elderly and no matter what color you are.
as humans we can be easily lead into doing stupid stuff .
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:43 pm

bowl wrote:

When I imagine this scenario of 5 drunk teens harassing and yelling at a fisho on a pier, I am presuming viclovesfish is not white. It's a shame but I can only picture this happening to someone who is brown or Asian. If I'm right, bullying + racism even more shameful.[/quote

I am third generation white Australian and have also been racial attacked.
when a pack of people with drug an alchol in their system they can target anyone from disabled to elderly and no matter what color you are.
as humans we can be easily lead into doing stupid stuff .

I've worked in different countries and discrimination is also common and very high, may not be racial, but your status in life , what you eat,,, what you wear, how expensive... etc.. etc.. and violence is not the answer...... practice makes you smart enough how to handle it.. i guess...

:crazy: :crazy: I should show those blokes how to drink till they can't walk to the pier and disturb fishos :cheers: :puke: :puke:
Last edited by viclovesfish on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Lol
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”