Newbie help Mordialloc

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Treyball

Re: Newbie help Mordialloc

Post by Treyball » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:58 pm

There were days late last year where everyone (30+ anglers) were bagging out on snapper upto 8 kg.. Absolute insanity !! During that time was when the angler got swept away because it was during the rougher days so just be weary, no fish is worth your life.. Good chance of salmon left side halfway up and squid as mentioned right side.. Also bream and mullet to be had between all he moored boats.. talk to the locals.. If they ain't catching you ain't catching.. Best of luck !!

divineau

Post by divineau » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Firstly i must say I'm amazed at the help and in depth replies. I am so appreciative. I'm on many car forums and rarely are people this helpful.

Ill go with the cgi and 2500 reel.

As for fishing of the beach for whiting why is this? Would the pier allow cast to drop off points easier?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:26 pm

divineau wrote:Firstly i must say I'm amazed at the help and in depth replies. I am so appreciative. I'm on many car forums and rarely are people this helpful.

Ill go with the cgi and 2500 reel.

As for fishing of the beach for whiting why is this? Would the pier allow cast to drop off points easier?
Firstly, because hardly anyone fishes the beach, secondly whiting will come into shallow water and there is a shallow gutter that runs along the beach.

Go there on low tide, wade out and you find it. Or wear polaroids and look. Or watch people in the water as they wade out.

I have also seen gummies caught from mordi peir.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Obtain a copy of the landbased guide for Port Philip and Corio bays, it has heaps of info

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Gday

Theres a fantastic tackle store just around the corner pay them a visit.

Cheers

divineau

Post by divineau » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Found one cLled fishing fever is that the shop you reference?

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:02 pm

divineau wrote:Found one cLled fishing fever is that the shop you reference?
That it, it has big red sign, now give your wife/girlfriend your credit card, trust me it is cheaper to give it to them, when you go into a fishing store. :o_0:

Weedle

Post by Weedle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:51 am

I sat at the pier from 8pm to 2:30am on Friday night with about 4 of my mates. One Banjo Shark between us.. only one squid was caught the entire time from another group of people about midway down. Quite dissapointed but was a fun night. weather was awesome.

had hooked a fish but wasnt at my rod at the time, i was walking to my car but my mates didnt get to my rod in time and the fish spat the hook :(

Would the two big Manta Rays Swimming around the pier have anything to do with it?

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Potentially but from what I know Mantas are scavengers and don't harass fish. That's just how fishing goes. You only hear the stories of when people catch stuff :tongue:

You will get there. Tides, time, barometric pressure, bait, presentation etc. The list goes on.

Just do yourself a favor and enjoy being out with mates. The fish will come :)
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

Weedle

Post by Weedle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Haha yeah exactly! i think I have been out every weekend this year, but no spectacular stories as of yet... i thought i researched the times,tides etc well enough but guess not!! Back to the drawing board!

Cheers :)

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”